• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's for lunch?

pbryan

Earning My Ears
Do I need to plan ADR's for lunch? I haven't been since 2004, back then you didn't need ADR's for lunch, but then again you didn't need them for every TS dinner either...

I know that the character lunches like CRT & Akershus need ADR's, but how about the other places in Epcot like Teppan Edo, San Angel, & Biergarten? Kona Cafe at the Poly is on my list too.

If it helps, we'll be there in early Sep.

Thanks,
--Paul

If it's a TS dining experience that you want, then make an ADR. It really doesn't matter what meal you are thinking about, if you want a TS meal, it's always best to cover yourself. The whole dining process has changed a lot over the past few years.

If you want to eat at a particular place, or if you want to be assured a TS meal, then you really do need to make the ADRs.

Aside from the other feedback you've already gotten, you need to keep in mind that the dining plans are very, very popular now, and that's a use-it-or-lose-it system. That means that people on the dining plans are certain to make all their ADRs for every TS meal of their trip, because if they don't use those dining credits then they lose them.

The first trip we took, in 2003, we had no problem getting seated as walk-ups. Since then, every single year and at every single meal we see the walk-ups getting turned away (and we almost always go "off season"). It's not even a matter of being willing to wait to be seated -- it's a "we have no seating available at all, for any time" situation.

Wow I'm glad I read this thread.

The last time we've been to Disney was 2004 and we had no problem just walking up to TS locations and getting in without ADR's.

I'm off now to make some ADR's for lunch. Thanks!

Do I need to plan ADR's for lunch? I haven't been since 2004, back then you didn't need ADR's for lunch, but then again you didn't need them for every TS dinner either...

I know that the character lunches like CRT & Akershus need ADR's, but how about the other places in Epcot like Teppan Edo, San Angel, & Biergarten? Kona Cafe at the Poly is on my list too.

If it helps, we'll be there in early Sep.

Thanks,
--Paul

IF they offer Free Dining again for 2010, you will be there during the promotion...and you will DEFINATELY need an ADR for ANY TS meal. :)

We just came back from Disney three days ago. it was very busy with it being president's week. We had no problem walking into Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe. We never do ADR's although, we are more go with the flow type people and if we can't get in somewhere we go somewhere else. just my 2 cents.

We just came back from Disney three days ago. it was very busy with it being president's week. We had no problem walking into Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe. We never do ADR's although, we are more go with the flow type people and if we can't get in somewhere we go somewhere else. just my 2 cents.

Sept. is different than most times of the year with the free dining promotion. The restaurants are WAY more crowded during free dining than at other times of the year. I suggest you get up early and book your ADRs at the 180 day mark as soon as reservations open for the day. Some reservations can be incredibly hard to get, even 180 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter