ADRs for 4 but only 3 going, and related questions... :(

bee86

DIS Veteran
Hi all, As some of you may have seen on the community board things have been a little rocky for me at the moment, long story short, peace talks in my house broke down last night and we are now in a situation where by it looks like my partner will not be travelling.(unless there is some kinda of miracle over the next 8 days)

It's all a bit of a mess, with the way I booked the airfares it seems to be not possible to change the name on the booking etc so he will be just loosing his money.....does anyone know if I have booked through budgetair.ie if there is anyway to change names on flights? I can't seem to figure it out. Also what is the policy with disney for this is there anyway to amend a name?

I think it's just being left as is with the money being forfeited but Any advice would be great.

I had made ADRs for 4 people but now only 3 will be showing up? Is this ok? Will we have a cancellation fee to deal with? Also, I have booked some reservations for 2 and well I don't know if I'm brave enough to dine solo in the likes of le cellier but if I did choose to is it ok if I turn up as a party of 1?

I am literally devastated with 8 days to go :( but trying to lessen the mess and try and get organised so I know what to do about ADRs. Thanks in advance x

Sorry you are going through this :hug:

The easy one is the ADRs - at long as someone turns up and eats there will be no cancellation penalty. Just tell them when you check in that you are now only a party of 3 or 1. They won't bat an eyelid :goodvibes

Most times if it is flight only booked you can not change the name on the ticket - you can usually cancel and get the taxes back so you only lose the "fare" portion.

Regarding Disney with 8 days to go I doubt you will get any money back my cancelling one person (but check the T&Cs) so I would just enjoy the extra dining credits - maybe change and book a couple of extra signatures. :thumbsup2

Hi all, As some of you may have seen on the community board things have been a little rocky for me at the moment, long story short, peace talks in my house broke down last night and we are now in a situation where by it looks like my partner will not be travelling.(unless there is some kinda of miracle over the next 8 days)

It's all a bit of a mess, with the way I booked the airfares it seems to be not possible to change the name on the booking etc so he will be just loosing his money.....does anyone know if I have booked through budgetair.ie if there is anyway to change names on flights? I can't seem to figure it out. Also what is the policy with disney for this is there anyway to amend a name?

I think it's just being left as is with the money being forfeited but Any advice would be great.

I had made ADRs for 4 people but now only 3 will be showing up? Is this ok? Will we have a cancellation fee to deal with? Also, I have booked some reservations for 2 and well I don't know if I'm brave enough to dine solo in the likes of le cellier but if I did choose to is it ok if I turn up as a party of 1?

I am literally devastated with 8 days to go :( but trying to lessen the mess and try and get organised so I know what to do about ADRs. Thanks in advance x

i can only answer regarding the ADRs - there is no problem with booking for 4 and only 3 showing up. Typically, a group of 3 is at a table for 4 anyway.
It's fine - no need to change a thing with regards to the ADRs. Just leave them as is and when you check in, tell them that you're 3 people not 4.

as for your tickets etc - speak with whoever you booked with.

Regarding the WDW reservation, if you booked a package with the UK site, any amendment made 7 days or less before check in, is treated as a full cancellation (removing 1 person from the package would mean completely cancelling the package with 100% penalty, so if you cancel 1 person and are 8 days out, you better act fast or do nothing)

ETA : These were the old T&Cs, the current T&Cs set the limit at 14 days. No change can be applied to the booking if there is less than 14 days before check in. (any change within the last 14 days equals full cancellation)

I wouldn't do anything.
Disney won't check that 4 of you are actually at the hotel. You'll get 4 magic bands, well, so be it.
It would cause an issue if you had booked for 3 and turned up as a party of 4, but in your situation, just leave it as it is.

Still, I would check with the airline. Because if your itinerary has been booked for 4 and there is a no-show in your party, there might be an issue.
So far, when you don't show up for your outbound flight, your inbound flight is automatically cancelled. So this will apply to your partner's ticket anyway, but I would ring the airline or TA to make sure that it doesn't pose any problem that one of you no-shows.

Sorry to hear your news.

I work for a travel company and deal with flights where one of the party is a no show every day It'll be fine.

I wouldn't bother trying to cancel 1 persons and god knows what will happen, you know what these airlines are like.

As for the Disney bit just say nothing and eat the extra credits. :thumbsup2

This allows for that miracle you were talking about.

All else fails perhaps he might be struck with a bout of D and V the night before travel and can then claim on his Insurance :rotfl2: not that I would advocate insurance fraud clearly.

Sorry about your situation. I don't know you, but I will say I once went on holiday in what sounds like a similar situation only we both went because we had both paid. With hindsight it was a bad decision and one of the worst weeks of my life. This was me of course, but I hope this perhaps offers you a different reflection?

Thank you all for your kind advice,

With the holiday I've decided to just do nothing. The flights were booked separate to the disney stay so I've looked into that and we will be at no financial loss if there is a no show.

I'm going to try and view some parts of this as a "solo trip" and still eat at the signatures that I have booked separate to the group bookings.

I am literally devastated by all of this I can't believe it is happening but I'm just trying to make the best of a horrible situation.

7 days to go......here's hoping I hold this all together until I'm in the happiness place on the planet forgetting about life for awhile :)

Thank you all for your kind advice, With the holiday I've decided to just do nothing. The flights were booked separate to the disney stay so I've looked into that and we will be at no financial loss if there is a no show. I'm going to try and view some parts of this as a "solo trip" and still eat at the signatures that I have booked separate to the group bookings. I am literally devastated by all of this I can't believe it is happening but I'm just trying to make the best of a horrible situation. 7 days to go......here's hoping I hold this all together until I'm in the happiness place on the planet forgetting about life for awhile :)
I am sooo sorry you are going through this. I can empathise with you. When I read your post on the community board I thought you poor soul. When a relationship breaks down we think perhaps a holiday will help rebuild or repair some things. Memories are stirred up etc. i dont know if you remember but my partner committed suicide july 2012 and we had a trip booked in the september. I had a real issue of shall I shall I not go and the hassell I had off VA trying to get my money back even with a death certificate was unreal. As im dvc the accommodation was not an issue. VA told me he was not related so a refund could not apply. After a FB message and over 100 disgusted replies the CEO sent me vouchers and apologised how his staff had dealt with it.
Anyway like others have said keep ur ddp as it is use the extra credits. Its not ur problem if ur ex loses his money and he cannot expect you to pay him. I know you will have wobbles and sad moments as it was a trip u planned together. You can and will do it. I had so many memories with my ex in disney and I dreaded my trip last year. Things we did together; restaurants we ate at etc but I was amazed when I returned with my new partner how it did not bother me. I understand yours is all very close to going. Try and have some you time take some time to try and relax by the pool etc. i real feel for you. Take care and let me know how it went. Xxx alyson

How about taking the weekend to think about places or restaurants you haven't been too as a couple but you would like to try and make some new memories just for yourself so you won't be thinking, what if?

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well but instead of going to Le Cellier and finding yourself looking at couples and thinking how it might have been you could go and jump on a boat to Wilderness Lodge, catch the volcano going off, have a QS meal and think, screw the b.....!

Or treat yourself to a day at one of the spas or go paragliding at CR, no problem in doing that yourself, they are very nice and friendly at Sammy Duval and you will have a 10% off voucher.

How about taking the weekend to think about places or restaurants you haven't been too as a couple but you would like to try and make some new memories just for yourself so you won't be thinking, what if?

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well but instead of going to Le Cellier and finding yourself looking at couples and thinking how it might have been you could go and jump on a boat to Wilderness Lodge, catch the volcano going off, have a QS meal and think, screw the b.....!

Or treat yourself to a day at one of the spas or go paragliding at CR, no problem in doing that yourself, they are very nice and friendly at Sammy Duval and you will have a 10% off voucher.

Couldn't agree more! This is what I'd find myself doing also, there's plenty to find to do whilst there...the spas look amazing :)

Have a major treat if you can afford too also, say a Dooney & Burke, or an ornement from Main St, or something like that :). Celebrate for doing so well at university.

I honestly do hope you have a great trip, from the bottom of my heart. It'll be tough I'm sure, but I bet you're stronger than you know & it'll be okay once there :hug:

Again I cannot thank you all so much x

Such a pity that I can't just change the blooming name on the booking :(

Yea he told me that I'm not the love of his life and that the connection is gone..... Which is so tough because I still love him so so much. But look I have to move on and try and get over this,

The trip is going to be so difficult but I am going to use all your advice and try and get though it. I was maybe evening thinking of a dining/trip report as I'm over there to try and keep my mind busy when I'm on my solo parts of the trip.

Thank you all so much for your advice,
This will be the last time I ever plan a trip a year in advance, as you never know what life is going to throw at you next.
At 27 going 28 I feel I'm never going to meet anyone and settle down but here's hoping my Prince Charming is out there somewhere lol x x x

I've just had a mad thought........

I'm staying at SSR 'my parents are at OKW........

Do you think that when I went to check in, if I explained my situation and said that if there was any chance could they switch me to a room in OKW or am I just being a plain old crazy pants?!?

Both are the same category right? We paid the same price for each so it's not like I'm upgrading or anything? It would be nice to at least if I'm in a room on my own to be in the same resort as my parents....?

I know in my heart of hearts I'm being a crazy person but I'm literally desperate right now.

I don't speak from experience, but so long as there is availability I would have to think it is at least possible.

After all you hear stories where people aren't happy for all sorts of reasons and get moved to another resort.

Perhaps it might be best if you go straight to OKW with your parents and ask there. It might be easier for them to pull your booking over to them and at the same time hopefully get a room sorted near your parents than for SSR to say yes it is theoretically possible but then need to call over to OKW? I'm just guessing now... Although your magic bands would be at SSR.

I hope whatever happens you have a nice time

I've just had a mad thought........ I'm staying at SSR 'my parents are at OKW........ Do you think that when I went to check in, if I explained my situation and said that if there was any chance could they switch me to a room in OKW or am I just being a plain old crazy pants?!? Both are the same category right? We paid the same price for each so it's not like I'm upgrading or anything? It would be nice to at least if I'm in a room on my own to be in the same resort as my parents....? I know in my heart of hearts I'm being a crazy person but I'm literally desperate right now.
Phone disney today. Explain the situation and if there is a room I dont see why not. You will probably have to pay an amendment fee but im not sure if 7 days proir is enough notice. Have a look on wdw see if there is a studio at either resorts for ur dates. Its worth a try.
There is someone out there for u believe me hun. Very hard for you and Im sure a lot of us empathise with u. Go away and dont let him think it bothers you x

The only thing that's for sure, is that you won't be able to request that resort change as no change is allowed so close to departure

now, Disney is very good at accomodating guests requests if they can.

If you pretty please the CM at check in, they might just grant that request if there is availability

the only chance you're taking is that the CM says "I'm sorry, I can't do that", then you still can take the chance of asking if a manager could take that responsibility, and in the end, if all fails, you'll still have the room you've paid for anyway

So it doesn't hurt to ask, as long as you don't build up too much expectation.

Think of it as "If I get it, I'll be so pleased", don't think along the lines of "If I don't get it it's gonna be such a huge disapointment"

In the end, it's gonna be alright. And, to look on the bright side, it's not that long a walk between SSR and OKW depending on where you stay at. (don't do that at night, the path is not lit)
In any event, you'll have a fab time. That's what we all wish you to have.

I've just had a mad thought........

I'm staying at SSR 'my parents are at OKW........

Do you think that when I went to check in, if I explained my situation and said that if there was any chance could they switch me to a room in OKW or am I just being a plain old crazy pants?!?

Both are the same category right? We paid the same price for each so it's not like I'm upgrading or anything? It would be nice to at least if I'm in a room on my own to be in the same resort as my parents....?

I know in my heart of hearts I'm being a crazy person but I'm literally desperate right now.

You can only ask once you arrive but would your parents consider moving to SSR?

I only say that as SSR has more studios than OKW and more often has space when OKW is sold out so you may have more luck getting a move that way rather than the other.

Good luck :goodvibes

Yes they are willing to move if possible, I'll ask, I don't expect anything but I'll chance it.

Ok next and last question,

It has been mentioned about using his credits........if he's not there at check in and he's clearly not staying, will they still be linked to my account?

In my head if he's not there then we just don't get them?

Yes they are willing to move if possible, I'll ask, I don't expect anything but I'll chance it. Ok next and last question, It has been mentioned about using his credits........if he's not there at check in and he's clearly not staying, will they still be linked to my account? In my head if he's not there then we just don't get them?

No you still get them DH doesn't always come to check in he keeps DD busy and it's just me. X

So even if I tell them that he's not checking in I should still get the credits? Or just shut my mouth and pretend I'm checking us both in?!?!?! So stressed about this mess :(

So even if I tell them that he's not checking in I should still get the credits? Or just shut my mouth and pretend I'm checking us both in?!?!?! So stressed about this mess :(

You have paid for it so I wouldn't think it would matter TBH x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter