ADR with split stays

DVCSunDevil

DIS Veteran
We have a trip in February and are starting off in Disney Springs for a few days (redeeming some Hilton points, but the hotel is allowed to book ADRs at 60 days), then going to Poly and BCV for two nights each. When we book our ADRs, will we have to "run the gauntlet" three separate times because we have three reservation dates? An acquaintance told me that is what we will have to do, but then I also heard that we can call into DVC or Disney at the 60 day mark and they will be able to see that we are on property for the entirety of our stay and make reservations for the entire week. I am REALLY hoping we don't have to do it three times, mostly because there will be nothing left after that first go round.

You used to be able to call w/ split DVC stays - not sure it ever would have worked w/ an offsite Hilton stay + DVC split, though. Moot point though because they no longer do that - it’ll be 3 different 60 day windows.

Darn. That's what I was afraid of. I have zero doubt that I will be eating counter service for the later part of my trip considering those with full week reservations will be able to book their entire week. Oh well...Earl of Sandwich it is, kids. LOL.

So just an update to this. Today was our 60 day for the first of the three reservations (Hilton). We weren’t able to book anything for the two later reservations (Poly and BCV) online, but we called into the dining reservations and they assisted us with making ADRs for the entire week including those two later hotel stays! Just an FYI for anyone with split stays.

I had no problem making ADRs over Christmas week with two separate reservations. For the second reservation I was able to pickup Le Cellier and Boma.

I had no problem making ADRs over Christmas week with two separate reservations. For the second reservation I was able to pickup Le Cellier and Boma.
Nice! I was just reporting that I was able to reserve the entire week with three split stays by calling into the dining reservations. Even if we could have gotten everything we wanted by logging in three separate times, that would have been a pain in the rear. Especially this week being Christmas week. One call took care of the entire week...the CM I spoke to was awesome and the Disney magic in her is alive and well!

So just an update to this. Today was our 60 day for the first of the three reservations (Hilton). We weren’t able to book anything for the two later reservations (Poly and BCV) online, but we called into the dining reservations and they assisted us with making ADRs for the entire week including those two later hotel stays! Just an FYI for anyone with split stays.
This is great info!! Did you make any first online for the good neighborhood hotel or was it all done over the phone?

This is wonderful to hear - this could be done prepandemic, but word was it hadn’t returned after reopening. Hopefully we’ll see more reports of this happening for split stay loving DVC members!

Yea, when I called a couple months ago, I was told no combining and we had to make them 60 days out for each individual reservation. Glad to hear people are getting the entire stay again, but like other things with Disney, just wish they'd be consistent. If we have a stay for consecutive nights, it shouldn't matter the resort - as long as it's a Disney resort.

Yea, when I called a couple months ago, I was told no combining and we had to make them 60 days out for each individual reservation. Glad to hear people are getting the entire stay again, but like other things with Disney, just wish they'd be consistent. If we have a stay for consecutive nights, it shouldn't matter the resort - as long as it's a Disney resort.
Unfortunately, as with so many things, making ADRs across a split stay was being abused by people making cash resort reservations, booking hard to get ADRs, then canceling the resort reservations and keeping the ADRs, so they closed the loophole. My theory, NOT backed up by any knowledge, just a guess, is that they may have allowed DVC MS to override it, because there are penalties for canceling a DVC reservation that don’t exist for cash bookings, especially just a few weeks before checkin. Again, just my guess, I have absolutely nothing to back that up.

Unfortunately, as with so many things, making ADRs across a split stay was being abused by people making cash resort reservations, booking hard to get ADRs, then canceling the resort reservations and keeping the ADRs, so they closed the loophole. My theory, NOT backed up by any knowledge, just a guess, is that they may have allowed DVC MS to override it, because there are penalties for canceling a DVC reservation that don’t exist for cash bookings, especially just a few weeks before checkin. Again, just my guess, I have absolutely nothing to back that up.
I expect there might be something to your theory. Unfortunately, it was a call to MS where I was turned down for our split DVC stay. And after having waited for almost 2 hours on that call in the first place, I didn't call back to try for a different MS cast member. Maybe I should have.

Funny enough, the CM commented that she saw we are DVC members and we chatted for a few minutes about DVC. So there could be something to your theory.

This is great info!! Did you make any first online for the good neighborhood hotel or was it all done over the phone?
No, we couldn’t make any reservations. That was the reason we called. When trying to book ADRs we could see that the length of our first three night stay was able to be reserved because those days were not grayed out. But every restaurant was showing no availability for the entire three days. When I called Disney guest services the CM I spoke with said he could see that our room reservation was not linking to dining, even though he could see our room reservation. It was some glitch in the system. He did a “warm transfer” with dining services and the dining CM took care of everything.

Knowing all this, it’s quite possible they booked my entire week because of the issue I experienced with the system. Maybe they did it because I was inconvenienced. However, it would have been pretty easy for them to just book my initial three days over the phone and then tell me to book the ADRs for my later stays online when eligible to do so. Either way, I think when trying to do this the key is to speak with a dining cast member instead of the general CM you get when first calling into the system.

It was GREAT to feel the Disney magic in that CMs voice and actions, though. She was so nice and outgoing. It restored my faith that Chapek hasn’t stripped all the magic…yet.

No, we couldn’t make any reservations. That was the reason we called. When trying to book ADRs we could see that the length of our first three night stay was able to be reserved because those days were not grayed out. But every restaurant was showing no availability for the entire three days. When I called Disney guest services the CM I spoke with said he could see that our room reservation was not linking to dining, even though he could see our room reservation. It was some glitch in the system. He did a “warm transfer” with dining services and the dining CM took care of everything.

Knowing all this, it’s quite possible they booked my entire week because of the issue I experienced with the system. Maybe they did it because I was inconvenienced. However, it would have been pretty easy for them to just book my initial three days over the phone and then tell me to book the ADRs for my later stays online when eligible to do so. Either way, I think when trying to do this the key is to speak with a dining cast member instead of the general CM you get when first calling into the system.

It was GREAT to feel the Disney magic in that CMs voice and actions, though. She was so nice and outgoing. It restored my faith that Chapek hasn’t stripped all the magic…yet.

did you call the Disney dining number or member services? I’m in the same boat tomorrow, 2 day cash stay followed by a 5 day DVC stay. You used to be able to call MS before your adr date and they could link the reservations. I may call today and try just to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter