ADR timing? 9:45 arrival MCO, noon ADR Epcot??

travelbuffnj

Mouseketeer
We arrive at 9:45 with carry-ons. Cabbing to Dolphin and dropping our bags. Is it feasible to make a noon ADR at Chefs de France or should I cancel and wing it?? Decisions, decisions....

If your flight is on time and traffic not bad, probably. 12:30 or 1PM would be safer.

I would say it is totally doable, if everything runs on time, but pretty tight. Here's my logic. Flight arrives at 9:45 AM, by the time the door opens and your party deplanes it is 10, then trek to the airport monorail and get out to get a taxi. 10:20, or 10:30 with bathroom break. Taxi to Dolphin 11 AM. Check in room drop bags 11:20, walk/run to Epcot and arrive at Chefs de France 11:45.

Personally I would try to push the ADR to a later time.

Thank you both!

Do I even need a lunch ADR tomorrow?? It will probably be more crowded as people get off work in the afternoon and arrive at park for Memorial Day weekend, no??

In my opinion I think you can make it if your flights are on time.

Some conservative numbers:
20 minutes to get off plane and get cab
45 Minutes to get to the hotel
30 Minutes to check in
20 Minutes to walk there

I think those are pretty generous timeframes and most of those tasks can be done in less time. I think you can make it happen

I wouldn't do it. If there are any delays at all, and there will more likely be some since it is a big travel holiday, I would be stressed out about that ADR. There are so many great counter service locations: Boardwalk Bakery, Le Halles!!!, Tangierine Cafe, etc, etc, etc! that I wouldn't even make an ADR for lunch. You could always see what is available on the site when you land and make a same day ADR.

My personal policy is no non-refundable ADRs on arrival day. Too many things can happen. From late arrivals, to canceled flights to long lines and everything in between, YMMV

I would either do CS or make an ADR upon arrival and try for a last minute ADR

Good luck and have a great time!

I agree with Pumbaa. I never make an ADR on arrival day any sooner than 5 hours after my scheduled arrival time. There are too many delays which are out of your control
Have a Fun weekend

Thank you both!

Do I even need a lunch ADR tomorrow?? It will probably be more crowded as people get off work in the afternoon and arrive at park for Memorial Day weekend, no??

It might be busier than you think. I know a lot of schools have been getting out this week in Ohio and many families are leaving the same day or next for trips. That said, I would probably hold off on the ADR and then when you get to your resort, check to see what ADRS are available that you know you can make and go from there.

I agree with Pumbaa. I never make an ADR on arrival day any sooner than 5 hours after my scheduled arrival time. There are too many delays which are out of your control
Have a Fun weekend

I am with you on this one. We get there early generally and do not make any adrs until dinner time which is generally around 7 or so. Our next trip we get there are scheduled to land at 11:45 and I book an 8:15 dinner so we should have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter