ADR Time for Wishes at California Grill

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
How early should one make ADRs for Cali Grill to see wishes? Meaning - if they begin at say 10 what time should the ADR be for?

I always try for 8:30 or 8:45. That way you can take your time eating and still be there for the show!

We ate there xmas night 2008 and Wishes was 9:00pm and so were our adr's. We got there at 8:45 an went right to our table. We have a great view of Wishes, but we were also told by our server that we could take our time and go out to the observation deck and watch then come back and order. Half of us did this and the others stayed at the table. They pipe in the audio and dim the lights a bit. So, there is the option of watching, then eating.

Conneara

You really don't need to be locked into a specific time (unless you want to). We have eaten as early as 5:30pm and have come back to watch Wishes. You just need to show your reciept to the check in desk downstairs & they will let you back up to watch Wishes. We ususually arrive a little earlier and enjoy a drink out on the balcony before the show. No matter what you do, you will love it!

You really don't need to be locked into a specific time (unless you want to). We have eaten as early as 5:30pm and have come back to watch Wishes. You just need to show your reciept to the check in desk downstairs & they will let you back up to watch Wishes. We ususually arrive a little earlier and enjoy a drink out on the balcony before the show. No matter what you do, you will love it!

I have never heard this before(I have been to wdw too many times to count since we became dvc members in 1994). We have eaten at CG 2 times and have always been there during(or a bit before) Wishes. Wondering when this process began? Also wondering why others haven't mentioned this as it would eliminate some of the anxiety about timing?

Connears

I have never heard this before(I have been to wdw too many times to count since we became dvc members in 1994). We have eaten at CG 2 times and have always been there during(or a bit before) Wishes. Wondering when this process began? Also wondering why others haven't mentioned this as it would eliminate some of the anxiety about timing?

Connears

bump

Connears

I see this suggestion on my dining confirmation that they sent via email after I made my ADR.

Here's what it states under General Information:
"Guests who have dined prior in the evening may return to California Grill to view the fireworks. Guests will need to present their receipt from dinner to gain re-entry to the restaurant."

I think it is a great idea so that people don't have to really worry about when they dine, they can always finish up an early dinner and then watch the fireworks.

Hope this helps!

I see this suggestion on my dining confirmation that they sent via email after I made my ADR.

Here's what it states under General Information:
"Guests who have dined prior in the evening may return to California Grill to view the fireworks. Guests will need to present their receipt from dinner to gain re-entry to the restaurant."

I think it is a great idea so that people don't have to really worry about when they dine, they can always finish up an early dinner and then watch the fireworks.

Hope this helps!

That is great news to me. Have not made adr here online so would not have recieved an email like this in the past. Its nice to know!

Connears

I have booked dinner at California Grill every trip(11 now I think) in the past 5 years. We have always made it 2 hours before to allow time to wait for a window table. This past January my sister got married at Disney and we were taken to our seats 5 mins after arriving so I believe it all depends on the time. I think its much more exciting to watch it from a table then to come back later, though the catwalk area they have outside is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter