ADR Recommendations?

Jules76126

Practically Perfect in Every Way
Hello,

I am traveling to WDW from November 9 to November 14th. We are four adults staying at BCV. I have been to Disney many times and we typically tend to eat at the same places on each trip - Cape May, Chef Mickeys, Captain's Grille. Since i haven't been to the World in about six years, I was hoping to try out some new places. I can make my ADRs starting on Friday and wanted to get a little advice before then. I know food at Disney can be hit or miss depending on the time/day/month, but wanted to see what people thought on our choices, especially people who have visited recently. PS we are going for a bachelorette party so there will be no kids and would prefer to sit down for dinners and have a drink or two (nothing crazy). We are also planning on eating breakfast in the rooms most days. We will be getting some stuff from Garden Grocers.

Wednesday - Arrival Day
We are arriving around lunchtime and are thinking of just grabbing lunch in whatever park we end up in.
Dinner - Plaza Restaurant or Waves (it is MK EMH night so we want to be near there)

Thursday -
Lunch -
Beaches and Cream
Dinner - Cali Grille (planning on catching MVMCP fireworks from the observation deck). However, we also thought about doing the Spirit of Aloha dinner and then headed to Cali grille after to grab some drinks and see the fireworks if possible.

Friday -
Breakfast -
1900 Park Fare
Dinner - Coral Reef or Chef De France

Saturday -
Lunch -
Via Napoli
Dinner - BOG, Grand Floridan Cafe

Sunday -
Lunch -
no sure; maybe quick service. We will probably be in either DHS or AK
Dinner- San Angel or Rose and Crown

Monday is our check out day so no food options that day, just heading to the airport.

I think all of you choices are great except for Coral Reef. I really don't care for it. The atmosphere is beautiful but the food is very poorly done. I would go with Chefs de France or another Epcot restaurant. Biergarten is great and a lot of fun! I'm also not a big fan of the Spirit of Aloha show. Personally, I would go with Cali Grill.

Thanks so much! I have heard mixed reviews about Coral Reef in regards to the food. We thought it would be cool to see all the fish while eating, but maybe we will skip it and eat in the countries. Never had a bad meal there. Definitely will take Germany under advisement. Thanks for the tip. I figured Spirit of Aloha was more for the show than food and since its not really any cheaper than Cali Grill, I think I will book there. We can always wander over to the Poly later to go to Trader Sam's. Looking forward to the trip!

I agree with the PP - I do not care for Coral Reef. Chef de France is good - but not a favorite. Did you consider the Hoop Dee Doo review? It is so much fun - we go quite often and it never gets old to us. Not healthy food but it tastes great.
On Sunday if you will be at AK - I would do Sanaa - we really love this restaurant. Otherwise you have great choices. Enjoy!

I would definitely eat the The Wave on Wednesday. I'm not a fan of dinner at BOG (we had two bad experiences there for dinner - I like lunch there) or San Angel.

I agree with the PP - I do not care for Coral Reef. Chef de France is good - but not a favorite. Did you consider the Hoop Dee Doo review? It is so much fun - we go quite often and it never gets old to us. Not healthy food but it tastes great.
On Sunday if you will be at AK - I would do Sanaa - we really love this restaurant. Otherwise you have great choices. Enjoy!

Alright, this has convinced me not to book Coral Reef. I know Disney can be so so about food quality, but with so many meh experiences, I think we will pass. We are thinking of Hoop Dee Doo potentially. My sister suggested Sanaa as well. She has stayed at AKL before and said the restaurants at that resort are amazing. Plus it would be great to see the animals if possible

I would definitely eat the The Wave on Wednesday. I'm not a fan of dinner at BOG (we had two bad experiences there for dinner - I like lunch there) or San Angel.

Glad to hear that the Wave is good. I have read really great reviews on the boards. I have heard that the decor is a little hotel lobbyish, but I am okay with that for one night. Was BOG loud? I am like Crystal Palace, but it's loud in there I leave with a headache. I have heard that many people prefer lunch. We may book it for lunch if 1900 Park Fare does not work for breakfast. Definitely also thinking of San Angel - love that place and the decor is so cool.

Thanks for all the advice!

I personally love Coral Reef and although my first experience there they food quality was not as good as I expected the restaurant it self is such a nice experience. The service was not very good either that first time and very difficult to get a refill on drinks. It was enough of a good experience to have me try it a 2nd time and the food was great the second time I went. I have it scheduled to go again in November and taking my nephews who have never been. I would give it a try if you haven't been in awhile.

For your arrival day, I would eat at The Wave. The Plaza is basic fare with burgers and sandwiches, and I think The Wave would have more of an atmosphere. Plus you wouldn't be able to have alcoholic drinks at the Plaza either.

Are you park hopping each day? Looks like your earlier meal is in one area with dinner in another. For example, lunch on Thursday at Beaches & Cream is in the Epcot/DHS area with dinner in the MK area. That definitely works if you're near those parks, but if you'll be at a different park then I'd switch it around or you'll waste some travel time.

If you need a TS at DHS, Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time are two of my favorite restaurants on property. I actually think DHS's QS options are the worst of the four parks so we always make an ADR if we intend to eat at DHS. 50s PT in particular would be fun with a group.

Have fun!

For your arrival day, I would eat at The Wave. The Plaza is basic fare with burgers and sandwiches, and I think The Wave would have more of an atmosphere. Plus you wouldn't be able to have alcoholic drinks at the Plaza either.

Are you park hopping each day? Looks like your earlier meal is in one area with dinner in another. For example, lunch on Thursday at Beaches & Cream is in the Epcot/DHS area with dinner in the MK area. That definitely works if you're near those parks, but if you'll be at a different park then I'd switch it around or you'll waste some travel time.

If you need a TS at DHS, Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time are two of my favorite restaurants on property. I actually think DHS's QS options are the worst of the four parks so we always make an ADR if we intend to eat at DHS. 50s PT in particular would be fun with a group.

Have fun!

Good to know about the Wave. I agree that it might be a better pick for the first night. My flight is quite early in the morning and I am sure after a day of traveling and an afternoon at the parks, I will be ready for an relaxing meal with a cocktail, I might add. Plus since we will be heading to MK afterwards, it would probably be nice to have a dinner outside the parks. I have found the hotel restaurants to be a little quieter than the park ones.

We do plan on park hopping and are trying to take in as much as the parks as possible. Our plans are to go to one park in the morning, head back to the hotel around mid-day and hang by the pool (with a drink or two) and then head back to different park for dinner that night. Since we are staying at BCV and the F&W festival is going on at Epcot, we do plan to spend two nights there. That is my favorite park by far and I find walking around World Showcase very relaxing. Definitely looking forward to a little R&R before the holiday rush begins, especially since the wedding is December 30th. I think everyone has given me a lot to think about.

We do plan on park hopping and are trying to take in as much as the parks as possible. Our plans are to go to one park in the morning, head back to the hotel around mid-day and hang by the pool (with a drink or two) and then head back to different park for dinner that night. Since we are staying at BCV and the F&W festival is going on at Epcot, we do plan to spend two nights there. That is my favorite park by far and I find walking around World Showcase very relaxing. Definitely looking forward to a little R&R before the holiday rush begins, especially since the wedding is December 30th. I think everyone has given me a lot to think about.

Good plan! In that case, I recommend leaving a night open for dinner at Epcot and snacking around the Food & Wine Festival. When it gets closer, the menus for the booths will be released. We reviewed them and wrote down the booths & items that appealed to us, and took a night to try all of them. We just got one at each we were interested in and shared. It was more than enough food and we got to try about 5 different booths.

So I had my 180+10 day yesterday. And boy has getting Disney advance dining reservations become difficult. I was online at 6 and still had issues. I ended up getting almost everything we wanted.

Wednesday - check in day
Lunch - QS in the park somewhere
Dinner - il mulino

Thursday
Lunch - beaches and cream (really late at 250. Might use it for afternoon ice creams)
Dinner - Cali grill (ADR isn't till 915. Hopefully to change to something earlier before the trip. We shall see)

Friday
Breakfast - 1900 park fare
Lunch - open trying to get BoG
Dinner - via Napoli

Saturday
Breakfast - captain grill
Lunch - spice road
Dinner - open also trying for bog

Sunday
Lunch - Yak and Yeti
Dinner - Rose and crown

Definitely thinking a few of these will be change dot canceled trying to get BoG at least once. Will keep checking. Heard people cancel closer to the travel dates. It's hard because MvMCP is happening while we are there so that limits certain nights.

If you have time for a sit down lunch on Sunday, maybe try 50's prime time. the food is comfort food and delicious, and the theming is awesome.

HI- was hoping someone could help! 14 of us going to HDDR- 8 adults- 2 Disney adults and 4 children- should we use 2 dining credits each and pay out of pocket elsewhere or half use 2 credits and pay 5 adult oop and 2 children oop? Our other reservations are Minnie's Holiday Dine, Raglan Road,TRex, Crystal Palace,Tusker House and Biergarten.Thanks!

HI- was hoping someone could help! 14 of us going to HDDR- 8 adults- 2 Disney adults and 4 children- should we use 2 dining credits each and pay out of pocket elsewhere or half use 2 credits and pay 5 adult oop and 2 children oop? Our other reservations are Minnie's Holiday Dine, Raglan Road,TRex, Crystal Palace,Tusker House and Biergarten.Thanks!

With the other restaurants that you are eating at are any of them breakfast? Breakfast is not as expensive as dinner. If any of them are breakfast I would pay those OOP.

With Cat 2 or Cat 3 seatings being priced at $63 or $59 each I would pay OOP if the other ADRs are for dinner or not a character meal - like I would pay OOP for Trex.

I hope that helps.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. They are all dinner ressies- to pay pop for HDDR it would be $377- for half of us! I will tell them to order burgers at TRex!

I think the wave is terrible...and since you are staying near Epcot I would favor the hotel/park restaurants in that area anyway. Just my preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter