• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR priority at 180 days

disneydaydreamer33

DIS Veteran
OK now that I've decided what ADRs to get, I need help figuring out which I should try and reserve first when my 180 days comes up next week. From what I understand I can only book the first 10 days of our trip, and then wait until each subsequent day to book day 11, 12, 13, 14? Here is my dinning plan:

Day 1- nothing
Day 2- BOG lunch; possible CP breakfast?
Day 3- Raglan Road dinner
Day 4- nothing
Day 5- Akershus dinner
Day 6- nothing
Day 7- nothing
Day 8- BOG lunch; 1900 Park Fare dinner
Day 9- Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package
Day 10- Tusker House lunch (or late breakfast)
Day 11- Via Napoli dinner
Day 12- early CP breakfast; BOG dinner
Day 13- late Ohana breakfast

BOG. Do that first. Unfortunately you will have to wait to book all days past the first 10.

I would log on to more than one device and try and do 2 reservations at a time. Everything you have on there except Raglan Road, HBD and Via Napoli are all pretty popular. Be our Guest would be my first selections, the rest are alll about the same.

Note that Raglan Road (and a couple of other restaurants not owned by Disney such as T-Rex and Rainforest) do not release all their tables to the Disney ADR system and may not show any availability, even at the 180-day mark. If you find that's the case, there are two other options:
1. Call the restaurant directly.
2. Use OpenTable.com

We used OpenTable to get our dinner reservation at Raglan Road in December when the Disney ADR system showed no availability after several days of trying.

problem with the dinner is that you have it scheduled past your 10 days, and will have to wait to make that reservation.

problem with the dinner is that you have it scheduled past your 10 days, and will have to wait to make that reservation.

My plan with that is to make it exactly 190 days out. I can do that right? As long as my on site stay covers the whole vacation? I want to be sure I have that 10 day advantage for BOG!

My plan with that is to make it exactly 190 days out. I can do that right? As long as my on site stay covers the whole vacation? I want to be sure I have that 10 day advantage for BOG!
No- you can start at 180 days from the start of your on-site resort reservation, and on that day you can make up to 10 additional days (or length of your resort stay) further.

I thought someone posted somewhere that it was now 180 plus length of stay?? True or not.
I have had split stays lately, so haven't been able to test it out

I thought someone posted somewhere that it was now 180 plus length of stay?? True or not.
I have had split stays lately, so haven't been able to test it out
It's 180 days from the start of your resort reservation, plus up to 10 additional days or length of stay, whichever is less. At least that's what the CM told me the last time I made ADRs by phone. Of course, we all know how reliable phone CMs can be.

That's what I always thought, but someone posted it had changed.....can't find the post now....and it was more than one.

Can't find it.....anyway.
You can book one day at a time after the 180+10, so might get the BoG dinner. I would move it within the first 10 days to be sure.
I got it at day 4 of my trip.....slow time of year.

Last edited:
It's length of stay if your stay is less than 10 days. or is it 11 days? Anyway, the OP has BOG for Day 12.

Hmm, so pretty much you only get that first 10 days of your vacation booked beyond 180 days? My plan was at 180 days from my check-in date, I would book the first 10 days of vacation. Then the next day (179 days from check-in), I could book that 11th day of vacation. Then the next day (178 days from check-in), I could book my 12th day. That way, I would still have the 10 day advantage. But, what I'm hearing is I can book my first 10 days, and then wait until each individual vacation day is 180 days out, as I would if I was staying off-site? This stuff gets so confusing! :crazy2:

Hmm, so pretty much you only get that first 10 days of your vacation booked beyond 180 days? My plan was at 180 days from my check-in date, I would book the first 10 days of vacation. Then the next day (179 days from check-in), I could book that 11th day of vacation. Then the next day (178 days from check-in), I could book my 12th day. That way, I would still have the 10 day advantage. But, what I'm hearing is I can book my first 10 days, and then wait until each individual vacation day is 180 days out, as I would if I was staying off-site? This stuff gets so confusing! :crazy2:
That's the way I understand it to work.

That is the safest way to do it to ensure getting what you want.
I have done the 10 days....and then the next day do as you mentioned until all days are done.....unless something has changed.
I also do the least busy places for the end of the trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter