ADR for BOG - Sneak in 7DMT before heading to BTMR?

Good&Plenty

Mouseketeer
We have an 8:15AM ADR for BOG coming up in a few weeks. Our original plan for that day (Sunday) was to RD BTMR and SM before heading to our first FP (Enchanted Tales w/Belle).

Now that we have the ADR (thanks to Touring Plans!), we were wondering if we were "squandering" the opportunity to get in line for 7DMT after we finish up our breakfast.

If we do so, would we lose the RD advantage for BTMR and SM? We do have actual FPs for 7DMT on the following day, so it isn't critical that we ride 7DMT right after BOG (if anything, it would be for the novelty of it, if that makes sense).

Thanks!!

We have an 8:15AM ADR for BOG coming up in a few weeks. Our original plan for that day (Sunday) was to RD BTMR and SM before heading to our first FP (Enchanted Tales w/Belle).

Now that we have the ADR (thanks to Touring Plans!), we were wondering if we were "squandering" the opportunity to get in line for 7DMT after we finish up our breakfast.

If we do so, would we lose the RD advantage for BTMR and SM? We do have actual FPs for 7DMT on the following day, so it isn't critical that we ride 7DMT right after BOG (if anything, it would be for the novelty of it, if that makes sense).

Thanks!!

Mind if I ask when this is exactly? Since you say Sunday, just curious about EMM applicability.

Thanks.

Oh, sure. That Sunday will be October 14th. Thank you!

Got it, thanks.

Just FYI... that date was originally scheduled to have Early Morning Magic (EMM), a ticketed event from 7:45-9am in parts of Fantasyland.

A month or two ago Disney contacted people with reservations that morning (and several other mornings in Oct & Nov) to let them know that EMM was being cancelled that morning.

While we don’t know this for sure and the park calendar still says 9am opening, speculation is they cancelled EMM because they intend to make park opening 8am on that day.

I would keep a close watch on park hours that day in case this turns out to be true. If they do change to an 8am opening, your PPO ADR won’t be PPO any more and your whole strategy could be in jeopardy. Good luck!

That is an excellent suggestion and one that I wouldn't have thought of. Thank you very much - appreciate the advice on these boards very much.

That is an excellent suggestion and one that I wouldn't have thought of. Thank you very much - appreciate the advice on these boards very much.

No problem!

I guess I should add, if it stays a 9am park opening... I would...

- Be at the MK entrance 7:30-7:45amish, they should let you in around 7:45am
- Pre-order your meal in advance
- Eat casually, but not too casually
- Go queue up for 7DMT sometime 8:30-8:45ish
- You’ll usually be among the first groups on the ride and they can sometimes start running before technical rope drop
- Keep in mind a lot of other people eating at BOG have the same strategy as you, you’ll have company
- When done, head straight to BTMR or Space (you pick) and take advantage of what should still be some low/manageable rope drop crowds

Small caveat that morning procedures can vary day to day, so pay attention to what’s going on around you and stay flexible in case you need to call an audible.

Have fun!

Just FYI... that date was originally scheduled to have Early Morning Magic (EMM), a ticketed event from 7:45-9am in parts of Fantasyland.

A month or two ago Disney contacted people with reservations that morning (and several other mornings in Oct & Nov) to let them know that EMM was being cancelled that morning.

While we don’t know this for sure and the park calendar still says 9am opening, speculation is they cancelled EMM because they intend to make park opening 8am on that day.

Thanks for mentioning that! We have a PPO BOG reservation in early November, and we thought we'd be "safe" from park hours changing because it's an EMM day. Sounds like it's time to start looking for a backup BOG reservation later in the day just in case.

Thanks for mentioning that! We have a PPO BOG reservation in early November, and we thought we'd be "safe" from park hours changing because it's an EMM day. Sounds like it's time to start looking for a backup BOG reservation later in the day just in case.

Which date in Nov? They didn't take away all Nov dates, just a few.

I would keep a close watch on park hours that day in case this turns out to be true. If they do change to an 8am opening, your PPO ADR won’t be PPO any more and your whole strategy could be in jeopardy. Good luck!

Thank you for mentioning this, as it's the first I've heard of it. We have BOG reservations that morning, and like the previous poster, I thought we were safe from the dreaded last minute park-opening-change since there was an EMM. Guess not.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter