ADR Cancellation Rant

Kms943

Mouseketeer
Just needed to vent and see if anyone else is experiencing this. 3 days ago, I tried to cancel two Steakhouse 71 ADRs for our October trip in my MDE app. I got a message saying that I had to call to cancel these ADRs. I called and was told wait times was over 60 minutes. Well after 2.5 hours of being on hold, I finally hung up. This same thing was repeated the next day and now, all morning I’ve been getting an “all circuits are busy, please try later” message. I’m beyond frustrated with Disney’s customer service lately, I can understand some extended wait times, but this is 100% unacceptable. Has anyone else had these problems lately?

Just needed to vent and see if anyone else is experiencing this. 3 days ago, I tried to cancel two Steakhouse 71 ADRs for our October trip in my MDE app. I got a message saying that I had to call to cancel these ADRs. I called and was told wait times was over 60 minutes. Well after 2.5 hours of being on hold, I finally hung up. This same thing was repeated the next day and now, all morning I’ve been getting an “all circuits are busy, please try later” message. I’m beyond frustrated with Disney’s customer service lately, I can understand some extended wait times, but this is 100% unacceptable. Has anyone else had these problems lately?
Maybe try another device? I have been able to cancel all of my ADRs on the MDE page on my desktop. Also, only the person who made the ADR can cancel it so make sure you are on that profile.

I got that message also when I tried to cancel a reservation this weekend. I tried again on the app right after getting that message and the second time it let me cancel it. So maybe try a few times in a row and maybe it will work for you also.

Yes. We are. Check the Steakhouse71 thread. It seems to be a glitch with that restaurant specifically. Mine are all back in app and website now, and my family members' names are back to "guest". I have until November to cancel. If I can't do it before we get there, I'll nicely ask a CM to do it for me ☺ . I definitely will not spend 2 hours on hold to do it.

I tried three times to link all my guests for a steakhouse 71 reservation and they never stick. It’s definitely glitching for that restaurant. I had the hardest time just trying to get reservations this morning when my 60 day window opened the site kept glitching so much. I wasn’t able to get exactly what we wanted but I got pretty close.

Today was not typical due to Space opening.
I wasn’t even trying for that one🤣. We have a gluten issue so I don’t usually try the new places until I can read a few gluten free reviews first, especially since it’s not a restaurant run by Disney.

Unless you are going in the next few days, I’d wait a bit. With so many new ADRs & special events dropping, the phones, website & app are on overload. And as a PP said, you can even have a resort or guest services CM cancel it once you get there. Unless it’s the 1st day of your vacation coz you just want it done the day before.

I had the same issues. 2 different Steakhouse 71 reservations that would not let me cancel online or the app. Stated I needed to call to cancel. I spent the 2+ hours on hold with dining reservations which they cancelled the reservations however they still did not remove themselves from “My Plans” I spent more time on hold the next day and was told they were showing cancelled on their end. After more than 24 hours and still in “My Plans” I was finally able to remove them by calling the phone number for myDisney technical problems and yes, I again waited on hold. 407 939-7765

I had the same issues. 2 different Steakhouse 71 reservations that would not let me cancel online or the app. Stated I needed to call to cancel. I spent the 2+ hours on hold with dining reservations which they cancelled the reservations however they still did not remove themselves from “My Plans” I spent more time on hold the next day and was told they were showing cancelled on their end. After more than 24 hours and still in “My Plans” I was finally able to remove them by calling the phone number for myDisney technical problems and yes, I again waited on hold. 407 939-7765
Good to know.

I feel your pain.. I am in a different boat trying to call to make a reservation for dining. I am having issues making the reservation on MDE (Go Figure). I get on right at 7am and am told there is a 90 minute wait. For some reason at 7:57am I am hung up on before even talking to someone (57 mins holding). I call back and now it's a two hour wait. TOTAL BOLOGNA... and that isn't the word I really want to use.

I feel your pain.. I am in a different boat trying to call to make a reservation for dining. I am having issues making the reservation on MDE (Go Figure). I get on right at 7am and am told there is a 90 minute wait. For some reason at 7:57am I am hung up on before even talking to someone (57 mins holding). I call back and now it's a two hour wait. TOTAL BOLOGNA... and that isn't the word I really want to use.

Right there with you this morning. Currently been on hold for 80 minutes. How is it a 2 hour plus hold time when I called at 7am Eastern time? Absolutely ridiculous. can you imagine what a nightmare this is going to be when they roll out Genie +? 😡

Finally got through to a CM after 2 hours and 20 minutes just to be told that the ADRs that I wanted to cancel were already showing as cancelled in the system and he has no idea why after 5 days they are still showing up in my MDE. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe the chat staff can help? Or at least arrange for you to get a call back rather than waiting on hold.

ETA: whoops, I was too slow.

Finally got through to a CM after 2 hours and 20 minutes just to be told that the ADRs that I wanted to cancel were already showing as cancelled in the system and he has no idea why after 5 days they are still showing up in my MDE. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Don't know if this is similar but I kept trying to clear my 'saved searches' on my United Airlines account. I kept hitting clear, signed in and out, nothing. Drove me crazy. Even flyertalk said 'you cannot clear this, the searches stay until the date comes and goes'.

Then I finally cleared my browser history from day 1 and it cleared out my saved searches.

I was booking Space yesterday and I already had a reservation at Beaches (a couple hours earlier) but it wanted to replace it, so I agreed but then it kept glitching. 4-5X I agreed to replace it with a Space time. Finally it went thru, but Beaches was not cancelled, I had both reservations on MDE. (I cancelled Beaches immediately myself.) I didn't want to cancel Beaches in case I failed to score Space 220.... It worked out ok in the end, whew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter