• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR Burnout

I totally agree. We make less and less ADRs every trip. I don't mind checking for last minute availability.

I have to say ADRs are the one thing I haven't cut back on...YET. We certainly did during the pandemic but since we hardly ever eat out at home except for major holidays, ADRs are a treat for us. I don't spend a lot on Disney merch anymore when I visit WDW except for usually a hot/cold tumbler, a puzzle, and a Loungefly or D&B. I use Disney reward dollars or a Disney Gift Card for the bags. DH is only doing 0-3 park days these days and a 3-day PH in May because I want to do a couple of park restaurants that I either haven't done or haven't done in quite a while and also Flower & Garden. Having DVC also helps.

I totally agree. We make less and less ADRs every trip. I don't mind checking for last minute availability.

It seems as long as you’re flexible, you’ll find something without stressing 60 days out to get them all done.

Somehow it happened... I went from the person who planned out every single meal in advance - at least 2 per day per trip - down to nearly zero for next trip! The prices for dining have skyrocketed while the quality has been mediocre for most places. I am an AP, so maybe I've just tried enough of the restaurants? I don't like feeling like I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I am enjoying the flexibility of not having ADR's. I have had FOMO a couple times while planning my upcoming trip. But ultimately I am looking forward to the flexibility and hopefully cheaper mobile order food options. Anyone else having ADR burnout?
Yes, it is a balance for sure!! Lots of good QS options. Also, lots of ADR pop up the night before, if you end up changing your mind & want something.

Somehow it happened... I went from the person who planned out every single meal in advance - at least 2 per day per trip - down to nearly zero for next trip! The prices for dining have skyrocketed while the quality has been mediocre for most places. I am an AP, so maybe I've just tried enough of the restaurants? I don't like feeling like I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I am enjoying the flexibility of not having ADR's. I have had FOMO a couple times while planning my upcoming trip. But ultimately I am looking forward to the flexibility and hopefully cheaper mobile order food options. Anyone else having ADR burnout?
I reached this point about 4 years ago, so i couldnt agree more with what you said. I don't even look at dining reservations until a couple of hours before we are ready to eat these days.

There‘s nothing worse than booking a restaurant in Disney when your party is over-heated, or over-tired, or over-snacked. You just never know.

No ADRs on our last trip in December. It was just me and my two 20-something daughters. We just ate where and when we wanted — even just snack around the world instead of restaurant. We even booked sci-fi dine-in 2 hours before dinner for 6:30! There did seem to be way more availability.

However, I was wondering if people were waiting for the return of the dining plan, and whether reservations will be harder to get.

For our upcoming trip in May, my university grad requested Chef Mickeys. That one I will for sure book in advance.😉 Otherwise, I’m learning to let go of my type-a over planning personality. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter