ADR and transportation?

alh2011

Mouseketeer
Wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if wrong place. I'm working in my intinerary and trying to come up with a plan.

We have a 720 ADR on our MK day. I am trying to decide what to do as far as transportation that morning.We are staying at POP and will have our own transportation.

Should we take the bus to CR for our ADR and then walk or take monorail over to MK for rope drop?

Or since I plan to take mid day breaks with my son should I drive to TTC and take the resort monorail to CR? And then walk or take monorail back to MK for rope drop?

How busy are buses around lunch? This will make a difference as to whether I drive to parks or not. If I am leaving at 1 to go for naps I didn't know how long would take to get back to Pop on the bus. Or if would be quicker to drive? We will be there early each morning so I know we will be parked close to TTC so want take long to get back to car and leave. (Or at least it didn't last summer)

Hope this makes sense. Just trying to plan ahead.

If you're going from POP to the Contemporary, there won't be a direct bus. You'd have to bus from POP to MK, then walk or resort monorail to CR. That early in the morning I'd be inclined to drive my own car...either park at the Contemporary and then move it after breakfast (or valet and stay) or park at MK then either walk to CR or take the resort monorail.

Since you have a car, this sounds like a good day to use it.

If you're going from POP to the Contemporary, there won't be a direct bus. You'd have to bus from POP to MK, then walk or resort monorail to CR. That early in the morning I'd be inclined to drive my own car...either park at the Contemporary and then move it after breakfast (or valet and stay) or park at MK then either walk to CR or take the resort monorail.

Since you have a car, this sounds like a good day to use it.
Be careful about this--there has been several reports that they are cracking down especially hard this week on people valeting and staying (several people have been towed this week). I'd move the car to the TTC.

Be careful about this--there has been several reports that they are cracking down especially hard this week on people valeting and staying (several people have been towed this week). I'd move the car to the TTC.

I was under the impression that it was OK to pay for valet parking and stay for the day, since it would be more than paying for regular parking. I know if you just go for a meal into self-parking that you're only supposed to stay 3 hours. I've never done valet, so I could be wrong on that...

I would definitely use your car. Personally, I would just drive to CR for your CM ADR time since it's so early. You will want to have your shortest possible commute at that time and the drive from POP to CR is only about 10 minutes. You can either do the valet parking, so that you can keep your car there for the day (I believe this is still an option, somebody else may be able to confirm that) and then just walk to MK. Alternatively, you could just move your car to TTC after your breakfast and monorail into MK.

I'm new to the board, so please accept my apologies beforehand for anything that sounds dumb!

We are staying at the CBR and plan to have breakfast at the WL on our MK day. We were going to leave our car there and just go into the park after breakfast. Do the parking rules apply to all resorts (3 hr max)? If so, if we park at the TTC, is there transportation to the WL from there?

I'm new to the board, so please accept my apologies beforehand for anything that sounds dumb!

We are staying at the CBR and plan to have breakfast at the WL on our MK day. We were going to leave our car there and just go into the park after breakfast. Do the parking rules apply to all resorts (3 hr max)? If so, if we park at the TTC, is there transportation to the WL from there?

Not a dumb question at all. You have a couple options:

Park at the Magic Kingdom parking lots, take the tram (or walk) to the Transportation and Ticket Center, then take the monorail or ferry to the Magic Kingdom. The primary transportation from Magic Kingdom to WL is by boat. You'll see the boat launches as you walk down the monorail ramp at MK. If your breakfast is early enough, the boats might not be running yet, so you would have to take a bus from MK to WL.

You alluded to the other option: park at Wilderness Lodge. If you self-park, you will be expected to leave in 3 hours. In that case, you would then leave WL after breakfast and loop around back into the MK parking area. I think you can also valet park at WL (for a fee) and leave the car there. I suggested this earlier, but a PP mentioned you may not be able to do that anymore for an all day parking spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter