• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Admission with AP

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
I have AP and planning a trip in March 2024. If I don’t make a reservation can I still enter apark after 2 PM?

Pretty sure the answer is yes, except for Magic Kingdom on the weekends..... Then there will also be "good to go" days were you can enter that park at any time without a reservation.

I found the announcement very confusing and was actually annoyed that it seems preference is be given to those NOT having an AP. (tickets only) AP's & DVC is a ton of money and my feeling is they should have what daily tickets have, at the very least.

So, it 'seems' the OP (and me) can go anywhere after 2:00 (except MK weekends) but nowhere prior to 2:00 unless an actual Park Reservation is made in order to enter a park pre-2:00 (aside from MK).

Is that what everyone feels?
Honestly, could they make this more confusing?

I have AP and planning a trip in March 2024. If I don’t make a reservation can I still enter apark after 2 PM?
As others said, the answer is yes except for MK on the weekends. However they are also adding something else into the mix which is small on details. There will be "good to go" days where APs won't need a park reservation at all. But they haven't said when or how often that will be.

So, it 'seems' the OP (and me) can go anywhere after 2:00 (except MK weekends) but nowhere prior to 2:00 unless an actual Park Reservation is made in order to enter a park pre-2:00 (aside from MK).
Correct.

As others said, the answer is yes except for MK on the weekends. However they are also adding something else into the mix which is small on details. There will be "good to go" days where APs won't need a park reservation at all. But they haven't said when or how often that will be.
As AP holders with a late January-early February DVC stay booked, we decided to roll the dice on the possible roll out of the “good to go” days except for the two days where we have dinner reservations at an in-park restaurant. We may end up looking for an open AP park reservation day-of or day-prior for the other days of our stay, settling for an available park if necessary or waiting until 2 pm to go to a park otherwise. We’re there in the window after the marathon and MLK Day and prior to Presidents’ Day, so it may be just a little less busy at that time.

As AP holders with a late January-early February DVC stay booked, we decided to roll the dice on the possible roll out of the “good to go” days except for the two days where we have dinner reservations at an in-park restaurant. We may end up looking for an open AP park reservation day-of or day-prior for the other days of our stay, settling for an available park if necessary or waiting until 2 pm to go to a park otherwise. We’re there in the window after the marathon and MLK Day and prior to Presidents’ Day, so it may be just a little less busy at that time.
If it were me I'd just make one and then either change it day of if I wanted to go to a different park or cancel it if it's a good to go day. 99.9% of the time you can get whatever you want day of now. We changed ours Thanksgiving morning with no issue.

I’ve been moping around because our next WDW visit won’t be until January 2025, but I think I’ll quit moping now and be happy that I’ll have a year to see how all these changes work out and try to understand them. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter