Admiral Club?

wdwfam1

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone

Me and my fiance would like to stay at the newport bay hotel. Is the admirals club worth it? What do you actually get for the extra money? We are thinking about going this weekend.

Oh another question is, what is the best ticket to buy for the train. We plan on going into paris maybe two days. We want to see the major sites there. Paris Viste? I think the other one was mobilis? t ticket? Not sure what is the best. We plan on going to eiffel tower, champs elysees, notre dame, arc de triomphe, maybe the louve.

We stayed at the Admiral's floor from the 26th of Dic. until the 31st. and were very happy. Just the fact that you arrive at the hotel and your bags are taken care of,) as well as when you leave) the check in is much quicker ( depending also what time you check in...we arrived after 3pm)...the rooms are non smoking... Your rooms are in the center of the hotel..where you don't have to walk miles and miles of hallway . Also...you can have breakfast at whatever time slot you desire.

I don't know how much price difference you are talking about...we paid I think €12 extra per night to stay at the Admiral's floor.

I'm sure other DIS members that have used the AF will agree with me, it's worth the extras.

Hope this helps...and have a great weekend !;)

Hi wdwfam1 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

We stayed on the Admiral's Floor last March, I've taken the piece below out of my trip report. The VIP breakfast seems to be a bit hit and miss, with some people having it and some not, but you have the opportunity of having breakfast delivered to your room for a small charge. Other perks - the Consierge service will deal with your luggage, the quick check in desk, you'll be issued with a complimentary tea/coffee voucher brought to your room, use it - there are a couple of teabags and coffee sachets, that will keep you going for the weekend, in the room - hairdryer, bath robe and towels will be provided for you free of charge at the pool.
"The Newport Bay Club.
We chose the NPB because we liked the look of it, but oh boy - photographs do not do it justice, even with scaffolding covering some small sections it is most impressive and despite what I've read on other boards it was immaculate, you enter through huge glass doors into the lobby and then up a flight of stairs to the Reception area, which is stunning, an enormous globe forms the centre piece of the area.
Eurodisney2006216.jpg

We were booked into the Admiral's floor so straight to the dedicated check in, no queue, we were dealt with immediately. I'd read about the staff here being offish, I'll dispel that rumour straight away, all of the CM's I spoke to at the hotel were courteous, helpful and friendly, even passing in the corridors they always said Bonjour. Our documents were all present and in order and we had a choice of GMF breakfasts so we chose Tuesday, (our Travel Agent hadn't prebooked it for us) and we were given an elaborate invitation to have our hotel breakfasts in the "Captain's Quarters" at any time between 8 and 10.00 am and informed that the porter would bring our luggage to the rooms.
We were on the 7th floor of the West Wing a short walk from reception to the lifts and then just around the corner to our rooms. Some of you will remember that I had telephoned the hotel to ask if I could arrange a surprise in the room for Liam as it was his birthday. We were promised balloons and we got balloons - everywhere - there must have been at least 15 of them all on those plastic sticks and arranged around the beds, he also got an autograph book and a card signed by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy.
The boys were over the moon as the room had bunk beds and I'd told them they had to share a double, I didn't know bunk beds were an option at the NPB. My sister had the room next door and there were adjoining doors inside the rooms much to the kids delight, Ann's room had 2 double beds. The children all had a cuddly toy on their beds along with a couple of chocolate coins. On our bed was a welcoming letter and what looked like some beautiful Belgian chocolates, I didn't actually see those go I was too busy oohing and aahing over the room, the bathrobes, the little bottles of Shampoo and Bubble Bath, the NPB notepaper and postcards and the view.
Eurodisney2006226.jpg

Our luggage arrived quickly and we changed and headed to Cafe Mickey."

.......and this was in response to a question on how the NPB compared to the Cheyenne.

"Bearing in mind that I've fallen completely in love with the NPB
The room we had at the Cheyenne was definately smaller than at the NPB, but I don't know if it's just the Admiral's floor rooms that are larger and the NPB is definately more adult orientated in it's theming, although both my boys 11 and 7 loved the nautical theme in the rooms.
The NPB is all one building but it's huge and whilst we were there, there was a "Visa" conference on, so there were quite a lot of men and women in business suits wandering around during the morning and on one of the evenings there was some sort of reunion party with a lot of people in evening dress, it's quite a surreal experience standing in a lift with strangers in elegant evening gowns, when you're wearing a Mickey Mouse coat and Minnie Mouse hat complete with ears.
I wouldn't stay at the NPB and not book the Admiral's floor again, I think it was an extra £10/night but after seeing the queues at breakfast time in the other restaurants I'd say it was well worth it just for the Captain's Quarters breakfast. Also I don't know if all the Admiral rooms are all in the same area, but we were very close to the lifts and reception, I imagine it could be one hell of a trek from the rooms at the very end of the East / West Wings.
On the plus side the NPB is a shorter walk and a very pleasant one to and from the parks, we only took the shuttle bus once and you have the swimming pool although we didn't manage to get there."

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Thanks for the info Jill and Martina! Great pics Jill thanks! Martina, you mentioned that "you can have breakfast at whatever time slot you desire." What is the standard procedure normally? Do we have to pick a time? say from 8-9 am? Is it the same procedure for the fantasyland breakfast? Thank you for all your help! Everyone is so helpful on the disboards! :)

When you check in they tell you taht the busiest time for bkfast is between 8:30 and 9:30. Since we have two samll daughters and we stayed for 5 nights...we did not want o rush every morning. So we would go after 9:30 and hardlya found any lines. On our last day we went at 8am and we just walked in. Regarding Fantasyland bkfast , I had booked two, but it was too cold and dark for my DD's to go to...but being two adults, I'm sure it would be a gerat way to start the day.

Hope this helps. ! :goodvibes

oh great thanks Martina! That helps alot! I think I will go ahead and book the admirals floor. I called and it was only about 46 dollars extra for the 3 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter