• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Admin Please Close Thread.

So I just had a weird flashback so ... seems like it works here.

About 25+ years ago. I never watched Seinfeld when it came out, I'm one of those TV late bloomers who will fall in love with a show by seeing their reruns for the first time. I was in bed watching TV and it was the episode with George and the laser pointer. No lights on, just tv. Rest of family disbursed, DH downstairs watching something else (probably sports I was not interested in). ALL OF A SUDDEN there is a red laser pointer beam bouncing all around the room. I mean it was like it came out of my tv trying to get me. 😧

I got out of bed and was crawling on the floor to avoid being "beamed" and crawled to the hallway. It is an open overlook to a two story foyer and the foyer has a huge window. I could see the beam was coming in my window and appeared to be coming from the side door of the house across the culdesac. I yelled to DH and he came to see. He said it was a laser off of a scope 🤬 from across street. WHAT? Next day DH saw kid across street outside (about 13) and he asked him if it was him. It was. DH gave him a stern talking to.

So many great Seinfeld episodes but that is one that sticks in my head because of our shared experience.
That’s a crazy coincidence I would have been terrified too. Back when they were really popular and we had one our dog would love to try to catch the dot on the floor, it was cute.

So does DIS have no input as to what they allow to be shown on their page. I thought when you do this ad thing you have guidelines?

Mine just switched to Mattel, Disney travel, and Coach. Yay!

Good night team. Time for late night Barbie danceathon with the kiddo (my night owl).
Saw preview for the Barbie Movie when we went to see Mario Bros. Looks so ridiculous - it looks hysterical. Def going to go. Barbie was a huge part of my life - back in the day when we had ONE Barbie.

ITs a free-for-all of junk ads tbh ... its a little disappointing
I actually owned a forum structurally just like this one. I was part of a group that had a sports site. We put in all kinds of parameters about what kind of ads could be shown and we had to focus on it because the sports covered were high school, so there were high school posters. I am sure there is a way to say "we don't want this" and given it's a Disney site, with teen forums and moderated subjects - the ads should have safeguards.

Saw preview for the Barbie Movie when we went to see Mario Bros. Looks so ridiculous - it looks hysterical. Def going to go. Barbie was a huge part of my life - back in the day when we had ONE Barbie.

I actually owned a forum structurally just like this one. I was part of a group that had a sports site. We put in all kinds of parameters about what kind of ads could be shown and we had to focus on it because the sports covered were high school, so there were high school posters. I am sure there is a way to say "we don't want this" and given it's a Disney site, with teen forums and moderated subjects - the ads should have safeguards.
Cannot WAIT for the Barbie movie. Love that they did character posters for basically the whole cast AND they all seem to correlate to actual Barbie dolls. I had that Midge growing up; what a controversy.

I think I'm going to do a Barbie / Oppenheimer double feature in July ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter