Admin Please Close Thread.

I just wanted to know the outcome of the OP !
It would be a great finale !
I do think it is inconsiderate for the OP to turn this into a never ending jo,e , I guess.
They just wanted it to be deleted and that should have been honored.
I
Promise to not visit this thread anymore unless to “Report”
Hopefully, the OP found satisfaction and fulfillment elsewhere or even here for that matter (as all are welcome to engage)

I go through about two kindles a year due to putting in my back pocket, in a bag, under my pillow, dropping in the water, etc. I do miss real books but find my hand gets a lot less tired holding it. The biggest problem I have found is that once joining KU I find I don’t read books I really want to as I am too cheap. When I had a Nook I used the library all the time. Having moved to a kindle several years ago I haven’t used the library on it yet. I need to figure that out. Maybe I will do that this weekend.

What kind of hiking boots / shoes do you wear? Merrells? Salomons? Something else? Most trails will be moderate. I want some that are easy to pack.
First thing I did when I bought my kindle was get a case for it because I know how I am haha. I've replaced the case once as it got frayed but so far so good. It does add weight and bulk but I like it.

Just walked up to the bus stop at boardwalk and the MK bus pulled up a moment later, that never usually happens for us. We usually just miss it and have to wait 20 minutes. Tron here we come! Scored a VQ this morning at the 7am drop
Have fun! Try to do a "Superman" pose with your arms - makes for a good pose for the on ride photo.

Love the in the park posts - makes me wish I was there too!
With our DISer friends we know IRL whom we speak to nearly every day we get a lot of updates to the parks and the ones still living in our metro go to the parks a few times a year as well. Some of them just did a Starcruiser adventure and had a blast.

Speaking of merch I still need to get this type of shirt..keep saying it but haven't done it yet:
1680962811452.png

There's so many different variants though to choose from

Long time thread lurker, first time poster........(full disclosure--I skipped about 20ish pages in the middle)

A few random thoughts on these random topics:

Five Guys is my favorite burger AND fries joint. Gotta love getting a "steak" burger with sauteed mushrooms, onions and A-1 sauce with a side of those eye-rolling fries. DH and I like to get one regular and one cajun and share. Culvers is my favorite for a big, sloppy, fresh burger with a side of surprisingly delicious coleslaw considering it is a chain from here in the midwest vs the South, which, IS the coleslaw capital of the WORLD!!

Never been to a grocery store in a foreign country BUT I am always mesmerized every time I visit my favorite Indian grocery to pick up dosa batter and thai chilies. There are so many interesting products and the smell from all those spices just puts me on a respiratory high that makes me a little woozy if I sniff too fast.

I can't do crocs. My feet get sweaty and slip and slide. It's very unpleasant. Do I just have abnormal tootsies? I am more of a teva girl. They are definitely not pretty but man are they comfy AND indestructible.

Also can't do kindles. I am old school. I love a physical book and they smell SO GOOOOOOOD. Kindles don't have a smell. meh....

Just walked up to the bus stop at boardwalk and the MK bus pulled up a moment later, that never usually happens for us. We usually just miss it and have to wait 20 minutes. Tron here we come! Scored a VQ this morning at the 7am drop
My DD just arrived this morning. Said on her bus to Pop is stopped at BW and she misses it. We kept our DVC AP’s so were allowed to renew. All our points are used up 🫤. Have a great BW stay!

Long time thread lurker, first time poster........(full disclosure--I skipped about 20ish pages in the middle)

Five Guys is my favorite burger AND fries joint. Gotta love getting a "steak" burger with sauteed mushrooms, onions and A-1 sauce with a side of those eye-rolling fries. DH and I like to get one regular and one cajun and share. Culvers is my favorite for a big, sloppy, fresh burger with a side of surprisingly delicious coleslaw considering it is a chain from here in the midwest vs the South, which, IS the coleslaw capital of the WORLD!!

Never been to a grocery store in a foreign country BUT I am always mesmerized every time I visit my favorite Indian grocery to pick up dosa batter and thai chilies. There are so many interesting products and the smell from all those spices just puts me on a respiratory high that makes me a little woozy if I sniff too fast.

I can't do crocs. My feet get sweaty and slip and slide. It's very unpleasant. Do I just have abnormal tootsies? I am more of a teva girl. They are definitely not pretty but man are they comfy AND indestructible.

Also can't do kindles. I am old school. I love a physical book and they smell SO GOOOOOOOD. Kindles don't have a smell. meh....
Welcome! We are so glad to have you!

I think crocs are sweaty also. I wear them with my socks to shovel dog poo. They are east to rinse just in case.

I do miss the smell of books. Going to a library and taking it all in. The three libraries closest to me were recently torn down and rebuilt. They have very few books!! Lots of computers, which I know is good for the families that don’t have access, but where are the books?!

Time to hit the treadmill and watch more Price is Right from 1985 (Season 13) - when the cost of a car was under $10,000!
I knew someone who won both showcases! She said Bob was a jerk.

Welcome! I'm worried about the sweaty feet aspect, too. 😂

I do miss the smell of books. Going to a library and taking it all in. The three libraries closest to me were recently torn down and rebuilt. They have very few books!! Lots of computers, which I know is good for the families that don’t have access, but where are the books?!

That is very disappointing. A library by definition is " a place in which literary, musical, artistic, or reference materials (such as books, manuscripts, recordings, or films) are kept for use but not for sale" according to Merriam-Webster. Perhaps it should be rebranded as a cybercafe. Sigh....

Gosh, talking about old children's books reminds me of my favorite as a kid of the 70s. I can't remember the name of it. It was about these two little boys whose houses had steps that faced each other. One boy was American and the other boy was English. They would talk to each other about what was different and what was the same. I remember them eating a snack, one had "cookies" and one had "biscuits" but, they were all the same. I remember being fascinated as a child that the same thing could be called different things in different countries. :rotfl2: Yeah, I wasn't very worldly at 3 and 4 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter