Admin Please Close Thread.

Whoa...I forgot to check this thread over the weekend! I am baaacccck!
I do laundry almost every trip. I am a very early riser, so when we don't stay in a one bedroom DVC room, I will rope drop the laundry room. My love of traveling light and coming home with clean clothing is what motivates me.

Like your trip, our 12 night July trip has us staying at three resorts. The first half I will try to make it without doing laundry because the the last half we have a one bedroom with a washer /dryer.
THIS!!😂 I LOVE IT! ONLY Disney people will understand what the heck that means!

If you can use points for the airfare to get to Tahiti, how much do hotels, food and activities cost vs. Hawaii? I could see how they could be comparable or even cheaper.
I can answer that!

It depends on which island you go in the French Polynesia and which resort you're staying at, prices for all of that (hotel/food/activities) could be vastly different. However, I don't think a trip to Tahiti in general can be cheaper than Hawaii unless you use miles/points for both airfare and resort. Although, you will be surprised that airfare might not be the most expensive part.

The most expensive island/resort, I would say it's Brando because it is on a private island. The entire island is just the resort, that's it! The most affordable is probably Tahiti, since it's the largest island and that's where majority of the locals live.

Resort - Even in Bora Bora, you can get an overwater bungalow for $600/night at a 3-star or $1200/night at a 5-star. I will say, it CAN be on par with Hawaii if you choose the more budget resorts vs luxury, and especially if you don't stay in a overwater bungalow. But when you're in Bora Bora why would you not?

Food - Any island other than Tahiti they are going to cost 2-3x more than Hawaii. Even in Tahiti, they are still expensive. Everything has to be shipped in so you can imagine the food costs is astronomical. A burger with fries at a resort in Bora Bora can easily run you $35-45.

Activities - They will also cost more than Hawaii, just because they don't really have competition and options are more limited.

To my knowledge, https://www.costcotravel.com/ has the best packages for the French Polynesia if anyone is interested. Their packages include transfers (this can get pretty pricey if you book it privately yourself), airfare and some even comes with nightly breakfast and dinner. Just like any vacation, you can do French Polynesia on a more budget side, or splurge as much as you want. Costco Travel agents are also very helpful and knowledgeable, if they have been to those destinations before, they are more than happy to provide you some recommendations.

Favorite board games as a kid........Monopoly, Life, Trouble and Hi Ho Cherry O. I also played A LOT of Yahtze and jacks.
I loved Hi Ho Cherry O too!

I tried to play Pokémon with my son when he was young and the rules were so crazy confusing that we couldn’t figure out how to actually play the game so, it just became a game of I win for my son. We would use the card kind of like war whose card had the highest HP won and kept the card til there were none left.

I really don’t want to start a new thread on the DCL board so maybe you guys know the answer. Do the Europe sailing have Mickey bars onboard? Not sure if they are available in Europe and are restocked at the foreign ports. I doubt theres room to put a whole summer season of worth of Mickey bars in the freezer of the Dream at the transatlantic sailing.

I really don’t want to start a new thread on the DCL board so maybe you guys know the answer. Do the Europe sailing have Mickey bars onboard? Not sure if they are available in Europe and are restocked at the foreign ports. I doubt theres room to put a whole summer season of worth of Mickey bars in the freezer of the Dream at the transatlantic sailing.
Oh man I didn't think of that....we will be on the Dream in August for the 11 night. No Mickey bars I suppose could be a possibility.....tragic :(

I love the archeological stuff too. Luckily for me I'm going on a cruise (western Caribbean) for the first time as an adult this December and for one of the excursions, my family and I are going to Tulum. That's one of the sites I wanted to see so I'm looking forward to it!
Tulum is great for those sites as well! (it's a big area for it)

We actually have a small site at our hotel

20230417_073656.jpg

I hope your cruise is a great one :goodvibes I'm having to temper how many archeological sites to pick for excursions for our Europe cruise so many great ones

We’ve never stayed in an AirBNB or VRBO. I have a perhaps irrational fear, that we will pay for the room and it will fall through at the last minute and we would our money & have no place to stay.
That happened to my boss couple months ago! She had a girls trip in Charleston and the airbnb canceled their resy 2 days before their trip! Thank goodness they found another one about a mile away AND it was cheaper! But yeah, I also prefer hotel over airbnb/vrbo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter