Adhd

jvelez

Princess J
Can anyone tell me of how you handle your child with ADHD? My son was just diagnose in November of 2013 with ADHD. I took him to his first vacation to Walt Disney in Aug 2012. It was some what up and down mood. He just started taking meds in Jan 2014. Now we booked a trip again to Disney for July 30 to Aug 8. I am so nervous going. This time like he was diagnose we def taking his meds with us. Has anyone had similar stories to relate? How did you manage to get through the day if your child got overwhelmed? We also going to different theme parks and doing things in the resort so it's not like we are constantly on the go. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

How old is your son? I know that when our son was younger ( now 15) we would let him know in advance that we were going to take midday breaks, and when we noticed that he was getting tired we headed back to the resort. Now that he is older he will go all day. Letting him unwind at the resort definitely helped both him and us.:)

My ODS is 7. My ODS knows we heading to WDW since a month ago. He's super excited. Is not the fact that he fully aware of the day planned is the impulse and sometimes that leads to a hectic day. He has his days that are good and some days bad and someday in between where he does good in the morning and afternoon goes all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter