Additional adult room only for one night

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
I did a search for this, but didn't see a lot about this specific situation. My adult son is planning on joining us for our upcoming trip...for only ONE night. I have Art of Animation Room Only booked for 4 nights total, but don't want to spend the "extra adult" charge for him for the other 4 nights (he arrives the first night and departs the next day). Hoping I can see the front desk and have the additional adult fee removed for the other nights. Anyone done this? That $15+ a night for those 3 nights is more money for Disney snacks at Festival of the Arts!

I have heard of people adding guests for one day at check in. I think they would remove him from the rest. Talk to the front desk when you arrive.

Hoping I can see the front desk and have the additional adult fee removed for the other nights. Anyone done this?
Yes very easy to do since you have a Room Only (RO) reservation. Just swing by the Front on check-in day or the day he leaves to have them update the guest count. You will also want to double check your room folio before final check-out just to make sure the change was processed.

Note: it can also be done with a package but Dining and tickets make it more complex.

Dave

Yes very easy to do since you have a Room Only (RO) reservation. Just swing by the Front on check-in day or the day he leaves to have them update the guest count. You will also want to double check your room folio before final check-out just to make sure the change was processed.

Note: it can also be done with a package but Dining and tickets make it more complex.

Dave

That was my plan thanks! Just wondering if anybody has done it before. Seems silly to pay for the 3rd adult the entire time when he's only there for a night.

We have APs and he has a single day ticket, so dining and packages aren't an issue.

That was my plan thanks! Just wondering if anybody has done it before. Seems silly to pay for the 3rd adult the entire time when he's only there for a night.

We have APs and he has a single day ticket, so dining and packages aren't an issue.
Have done it many times when one of our college age kids would come for only a few nights of our trip.

In my MANY trips with just adult DS and I, I have never been put in to a King bed. There are few of them and folks often are requesting them. To be safe just add a note for 2 Queen beds.

You could also put in a request for 2Q beds. Not all adults sharing a room want to sleep in the same bed.

Have done it many times when one of our college age kids would come for only a few nights of our trip.

In my MANY trips with just adult DS and I, I have never been put in to a King bed. There are few of them and folks often are requesting them. To be safe just add a note for 2 Queen beds.

Thank you for everybody who responded. Sounds like this is something we can do. We just had to modify our trip last minute, so aren't staying as long (2 nights instead of 4 nights) so the per night charge isn't quite as painful if we end up paying it. In any case, I'll ask at check-in about removing him. This is our very first experience at AofA so we'll see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter