Adding tickets to room only reservation?

CruisinPetey

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I’m somewhat new to Universal so I’m curious if anyone has booked a “room only” reservation and then added on their park tickets upon arrival. The cancellation policy for room only is much more forgiving then booking a package with tickets, and booking a package doesn’t save us any money. We are planning to stay at Royal Pacific. Can we just tell the front desk at check in that we would like park tickets as well? And then head right to the parks? I know express is included at Royal Pacific so that would be added on with our tickets I assume? Thanks for any info!

Petey!

Hi all! I’m somewhat new to Universal so I’m curious if anyone has booked a “room only” reservation and then added on their park tickets upon arrival. The cancellation policy for room only is much more forgiving then booking a package with tickets, and booking a package doesn’t save us any money. We are planning to stay at Royal Pacific. Can we just tell the front desk at check in that we would like park tickets as well? And then head right to the parks? I know express is included at Royal Pacific so that would be added on with our tickets I assume? Thanks for any info!

Petey!
Your Express Passes are included with your RPR reservation if you stay there - not attached to you tickets. Your RPR room keys will be your express passes after you check in.

You're correct, good strategy. There is no real discount for the packages. There is a universal desk about 100 feet away from the front desk in the lobby where you can buy your park tickets. The lines are always shorter at the universal desks in the hotels than the ticket booths at the parks. The room key is your express pass so you don't have to add anything special to the tickets.

The front desk will give you your room key (which will have your name on it) which entitles you to unlimited Universal Express. You'll then go over to the ticket desk at the hotel or the booth at City Walk to purchase your park ticket. You can put both cards in your lanyard facing out so that you can be easily scanned for express while you're in the parks. When we are in the parks all we have on us is our lanyard which has our ticket, room key and in between a gift card that we purchase at the gift shop at the hotel so that we are not carrying cash or change on us. Makes it very easy to go on rides without having to get a locker for things in our pockets.

Has anyone bought ticket from AAA vs the Universal Desk or Front Gate? Do you have to add the tickets to the APP in order to see Virtual Ques?

Not sure about AAA vs. Universal Desk/fromt gate - although I do know ordering in advance online is always cheaper than at the gate - but Virtual Queues are not currently in use and haven't been since last fall 2021.

Not sure about AAA vs. Universal Desk/fromt gate - although I do know ordering in advance online is always cheaper than at the gate - but Virtual Queues are not currently in use and haven't been since last fall 2021.
Yep, and it doesn't appear they'll bring them back. Haven't over busy holiday periods. So if they don't for those, they won't period.

Sorry haven't been on the boards. I will say I personally like undercover tourist, always buy my tickets there and then upgrade them to seasons passes in the parks. Their prices are always the best when I shop around and their customer service is good. When I had to cancel my trip during 2020 they actually gave out refunds even though their tickets were supposed to not be refundable. Obviously your experience may differ, but I prefer them over anywhere else for tickets myself for price and service.

Sorry haven't been on the boards. I will say I personally like undercover tourist, always buy my tickets there and then upgrade them to seasons passes in the parks. Their prices are always the best when I shop around and their customer service is good. When I had to cancel my trip during 2020 they actually gave out refunds even though their tickets were supposed to not be refundable. Obviously your experience may differ, but I prefer them over anywhere else for tickets myself for price and service.
I do the same order from UT then upgrade before the end of the trip.

What does that mean about Virtual Queues? If I order my tickets from AAA and they come in an email, do I need to trade them in for card tickets to get into the parks? If so, where do I do that?

You don't need to get physical tickets if you have e-tickets, but you can do so - any onsite hotel or guest services can do so.

For a while, they were doing a virtual queue for Hagrids on busy days (when the line got too long for the physical queue), however they haven't done so in quite some time. No indication they plan to resume.

Hello, I'm also new to the Universal world. Just so that I'm clear - if I booked a room-only at one of the Universal resorts, that will give me Universal Express (must be a premier hotel, correct?). Then I can purchase my actual park tickets through the desk at the hotel or a 3rd party site such as Undercover Tourist. Is that correct?

If I stayed off-site (such as Disney), can I purchase Universal Express separately?

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter