Adding photos to trip report

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
I am nearly up to date with my trip reports! :cool1:

Well Husband was determined he didn't want to go in Feb 2007, he wanted to spend the money on sensible grown up things like a new bathroom suite. Boring.

Fortunately my sister had always said that she wanted to come with us one year, but up until now it wasn't an option as it would have meant an extra room. Now she could ome and we could still have one room - yay! :banana:

I booked with Thomas Cook, in July this time, so we were early enough to book Eurostar tickets, which turned out to be just as well........

A month or so later Sister was diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia - her platelet count was so low she needed immediate hospital admission and a blood transfusion. That should have been it - all should have been well after that.

However the Friday before we were due to leave, a routine blood test showed her platelets were dangerously low again. The doctor wanted her in hospital again, but she pleaded and told him about her holiday. At first he was horrified and said there was no way she could fly (increased risk of inter-cranial bleeding) but she reassured him she was going on Eurostar. Eventually he agreed she could go but she was on a high dose of steroids and was forbidden to ride any rough rides. It was a blow (no BTM, SM, RnRC or IJ) but it was better than no trip at all.

She arrived from her home town to ours and we went to M&S Simply Food to stock up on yummy stuff (to eat on the way and in the Hotel) and then went home and waited for the night to pass........

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1360173

That's the trip report about what happened next on Day 1, but I thought I would add a few photos, now I know how to!

Castle2007.jpg

BTM2007.jpg

agrabah2007.jpg

Day 2: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1361382
Day 3:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1362561
Day 4: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1373391

Some of the photos:

Genie2007.jpg

eeyore2007.jpg

Is that hat looking battered now or what? :rotfl:

Cwishingwell2007.jpg

We had never seen this well before so took a picture to quiz Husband when we got home. Guess the location - he was wrong.

Fatfriar.jpg

Girls2007.jpg

Son posing as Zurg....:laughing:

JoeZurg2007.jpg

Smoking!

Labyrinth2007.jpg

Mainstreet2007C.jpg

Stitch2007.jpg

girlscastle2007.jpg

Pooh with no queue!

pooh2007.jpg

It was so sunny on our last day

J-Cd-land2007.jpg

I had more or less decided, even as we went on this trip, that I wanted to revisit again during the year. I had been reading the DIS boards a lot and realised now that there were far better ways to book the holiday than through a travel agent. I had been reading about APs and Shareholder discounts and was quite looking forward to working out a way to visit again in October. I had gained the status of HLTA in school which meant an increase in salary :cool1: :cool1: and I was also able to cover the class in a teacher's absence which meant even more money :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

What happened next was really amazing to me - the PA to the Head decided to retire and I applied for the job and, amazingly, beat off 30 other applicants for the post. Not only was this a job I would enjoy more, it meant more money again.
I had a recollection of our first holiday in DLRP, when I was envious of the woman who was staying at the SL - it seemed so far out of my reach at that time. Now I reckoned I could afford to pay for us to go to SL in October and stay for 4 nights - our longest ever stay. Now that's what I call amazing!

So we have your whole DLRP history on trippies now then Hildasmuriel?
Fantastic - I'll spend a happy few hours reading over them all :love:

And I guess you have the DIS boards to blame (or applaud ;) ) for all the trips from then on eh?

Thanks for sharing all your trip reports with us - I have loved reading them all :goodvibes

Lovely photos ~ I've really enjoyed catching up with all your trippies. :goodvibes

ETA: and I've added a link to this thread under your Feb 2007 trippie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter