• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding non-sleeping guests to DVC reservation question

rosiejo

<marquee><font color=orange>Wonky Chick</marquee><
We are DVC members and have booked a 2-bed at Kidani Village for our family of four.

My parents, my brother and SIL have decided to join us for the two week stay. There is no way we are all squeezing into the villa so they are staying at one of the Flamingo Crossings partner hotels instead. They have Resort Guest "privileges" by way of 60 day fastpasses etc.

My question is - since our room can accommodate 9 people is there anything stopping us adding my extended family to our reservation?

I'm mainly thinking about my parents being able to come over and watch my kids and maybe take them to the pool on the odd occasion that myself and hubby and my brother and SIL might want to go to the parks or shopping. My kiddos are both autistic and can't handle full days in the parks.

Just a thought, if you have extra, you could give them one of your magic bands that's activated so they can use it to enter the room? OR are you wanting to register them to get the resort guest privileges?

I've never registered guests, so I can't speak to how easy or a pain it is, but if I had my parents or family wanting to just visit, I don't think I would think to register them.

Shouldn't be a problem unless you were planning to get one of the dining plans. If not, I think it's a good idea to add them. One of the advantages would be the parking pass you could get for them, which should ease entry into the resort.

Have done this before. DD's friend lives in the Orlando area. Have added her onto our reservation so she can visit. She can park at our resort and go to the parks with us, then she goes to her own place to sleep.

I had to do this later after check in on a past trip --it was a pain and a long wait -
No downside at all unless they have on property reservations
in that case just put down any other name they had me use jon and jane
so it would not affect any of there on property stuff

I agree that it's fine. Several years ago we booked a GV and registered our daughter, son-in-law, son, granddaughter, my sister and her husband, my dad, and of course my husband and me. But there was no way we were going to have all those people sleeping there, even though there were theoretically enough sleeping places! My sister, BIL and dad stayed offsite in a rental home but had room keys, parking passes, etc. that made everything else very easy since they were registered Disney resort guests.

Thanks everyone - I just went ahead and added them

since our room can accommodate 9 people is there anything stopping us adding my extended family to our reservation?
Like PP have mentioned as long as you are not over the room occupancy you can add them. The only situation where this wouldn't work would be if you wanted to add the dining plan -- then you would have to add the DDP it for everyone in your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter