• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding member to contact? No deed listed in Comptroller office?

redmonster

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
In error we didn't have my name on the title of our DVC when we purchased, didn't see a reason to have to, as I have always been an associate member on our contract. We purchased in 2004 and have been paid off for 6 years. Due to some recent illness from my better half, having to cancel a recent trip due to that, and not being able to have member perks, that has expedited the desire to add my name to the contract. I know we can pay $500 to have a title company do it but a member at *********** has laid out the steps to dyi it which are pretty well done. When we research the comptroller's web site for Florida, I find our mortgage filing information from 2004 but no deed or release of mortgage. Anyone else not have a deed filed?

Thanks in advance,
Ears to all of you
Linda

Do you have the documents given to the purchaser at the time of sale? If so, check those because a copy of the deed would be one of the documents. Also, a copy of the satisfaction of mortgage is something that should have been mailed to the purchaser and thus check to see if that is still around.

Next, assure that you are doing a needed search on the Orange County Comptroller website. On the page allowing for a Basic search, use a date range that is about a year or even two around the time of the purchase and do the satisfaction of mortgage search separately with a one to two year date range around the time when the mortgage was paid in full -- I have found on occasion that one gets bad results when using a very broad (many years) date range, but you do need some breadth because the filings sometimes occur months after the actual events. Also start by using the "either party" search box rather than the grantor and grantee boxes, and make sure you insert the purchaser's last name first and then first name (no middle initials); moreover, make sure you use the actual name that was used at time of purchase (e.g., the purchaser did not put in "Chuck" rather than "Charles"on the sales documents) and if you find nothing try changing the "search box" to wildcard. Note that if you use the grantor and grantee boxes, make sure you change the grantor "search box" to wildcard because Disney Vacation Developement Co. is often shortened to something else in the Comptroller's system like "Dis. Vac. Dev." and you need a wildcard search to find the grantor.

If neither of those work, then you should call DVC to explain your issue and see if it can resolve the problem. Choose Member Administration not Member Services after the system answers and then option 1. The Disney computer systems may still have a copy of the deed and the satisfaction of mortgage. If, in fact, those were not filed, then you should also discuss having that done with Member Administration.

Last edited:
Did you buy a DVC at WDW? If not, the Orange Cnty will NOT have a record, you need to check with the county where the DVC resort is located, VEro, HHI...

We are just finishing up right now using LT Transfers. Was going to do it myself and had it mostly written up. The worry about messing up something or a legal document going wrong, it was well worth the extra $150 to pay them (because you will have to pay the fees to OCC if you do it yourselves so it really only cost us $150 more going thru them).

Is that the charge for adding any number of people or just one person?

I did two things in my transaction (adding me and taking off my then husband) and it was the same total as Callie said.

They are fast to respond to questions, enough, so just reach out to them to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter