• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding Infant pre/or at Check In is it Necessary?

jen23il

Earning My Ears
Sorry I did do a search and didn't find an answer to this nonsense question. Found ones about adults, not infants.

I am unfortunately having to add 2 adults & 1 child to my Disney Room reservation...through Orbitz, yes that's the bad part. They also have an infant.

I want to know if it is necessary or what is the downside to not adding the infant to the room.
(they are not staying with us, they actually have a free place to stay, but to get them Fastpass+, free parking, and to use the pool for the kids on the first day and last day is why I am adding)

They all except the infant have a band (old ones) but they have bands.
The infant won't need tickets.
The infant won't need FP+.

I don't see the need to add the infant prior to check in, however, I may want to add him at check in so we can get a pack and play the infant and child may stay 1 night to give the parents a night out.

Am I missing anything?
TIA!

So you are paying the extra for them to stay at your room? I'm hoping they are paying you back for that extra fee.

What resort are you staying at? Will it legally hold everyone including the infant?

Since they are not staying overnight, you don't have any need to add the infant, but you'll be paying extra for every adult past the first two. Also, you didn't say how many are in your party, or what kind of room you have booked, but your room must have sufficient capacity to cover your party plus the three additions. the infant won't count toward room occupancy unless there is already an infant in the room.

However, you indicate that the children may stay overnight for at least one night, so you probably should add the infant.

We are staying at Yacht Club. Room capacity is 5 adults.
The adults will not be staying with us at all. And the child and infant may only stay one night.

danielocha30 - I've heard Orbitz charges regardless of age to additions to the room. So I was trying to only get hit 3x (2 adults & 1 Child add) vs 4x.

And yes they are paying for the addition of themselves.

You have to call Orbitz and say you are adding children, and Disney does not charge for children. They will then add the children without charging you for them. they should only charge for the adults. My guess is that you yourself are a party of two or three. You'll be able to add everybody.

We are staying at Yacht Club. Room capacity is 5 adults.
The adults will not be staying with us at all. And the child and infant may only stay one night.

danielocha30 - I've heard Orbitz charges regardless of age to additions to the room. So I was trying to only get hit 3x (2 adults & 1 Child add) vs 4x.

And yes they are paying for the addition of themselves.
in that case add the infant at check in, I will sugest to tell at front desk about you babysitting for a night and the need of the playpack. Hope you get a good discount with Orbitz, have you try handle the adding directly with Disney?

Thanks everyone - it sounds like adding at check in won't hurt and not benefit adding before.

Dealing with Orbitz to try to modify WDW reservations is like pulling teeth . . . there is no need to add them before check-in as they don't need Magical Express. Are they only using the pool on the first and last day? If so, I would only add them for those nights so you aren't charged the extra adult fee the entire time. You can also make their FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your check-in date without have them on the reservation. Just make sure they are linked as Friends and Family in your MDE and have valid ticket media linked to their profiles.

Did I read right that you have an infant and they have an infant? Or is there only one infant total?? You can't have 4 adults and 2 infants in the room, that puts you over capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter