Adding AP blackout dates?

TangledHairDon'tCare

Mouseketeer
Do they ever add additional blackout dates to the seasonal pass? I’ll definitely be purchasing one AP for our upcoming trip but I’m considering buying for the whole family to use for spring break 2025. Those dates would be March 17-21, which are blocked out in 2024 but not 2025 (as of right now). Is there a chance they will add those dates to the blackout? That’s the only other week we could visit Orlando so I don’t want to waste the money on passes if they could possibly add those dates!

They announce the blocked days usually near closer to the new year for the following year. What is on website now is just the first couple of what they are expecting to be the blocked times in 2025. I’m sure the list will be longer or changed some, given this year’s times shown as blocked.

From what I’ve seen, seasonal is blocked closer to Spring Break- Easter time (middle of March to middle of April) and all of July. Then over the holiday times of Thanksgiving and last two weeks of December and New Year’s Day and day after. In other words, the most busier times of year. I guess you could call, and see if the start of March in 2025 blocked dates already shown, is what will be in 2025 and don’t expect to be changed.

My DD has the seasonal, and we are going the week before her pass is blocked off in March this year. And we always travel when her pass is good. She’s just locked out of the Studios on the weekends in first couple weeks of March, as concerts in the Studios on the weekends, so we’ll go only into Islands on the weekends we are there. Plus, seasonal has only been known to enjoy the holiday concerts in early December, which we have done the last couple of years, never the Mardi Gras concerts.

And since we travel together mostly, I have the premier, for the free parking and 15 percent discounts. And a free HHN one night ticket. And DD rather not go to HHN most of the time.

They announce the blocked days usually near closer to the new year for the following year. What is on website now is just the first couple of what they are expecting to be the blocked times in 2025. I’m sure the list will be longer or changed some, given this year’s times shown as blocked.

From what I’ve seen, seasonal is blocked closer to Spring Break- Easter time (middle of March to middle of April) and all of July. Then over the holiday times of Thanksgiving and last two weeks of December and New Year’s Day and day after. In other words, the most busier times of year. I guess you could call, and see if the start of March in 2025 blocked dates already shown, is what will be in 2025 and don’t expect to be changed.

My DD has the seasonal, and we are going the week before her pass is blocked off in March this year. And we always travel when her pass is good. She’s just locked out of the Studios on the weekends in first couple weeks of March, as concerts in the Studios on the weekends, so we’ll go only into Islands on the weekends we are there. Plus, seasonal has only been known to enjoy the holiday concerts in early December, which we have done the last couple of years, never the Mardi Gras concerts.

And since we travel together mostly, I have the premier, for the free parking and 15 percent discounts. And a free HHN one night ticket. And DD rather not go to HHN most of the time.
Thank your for your reply!

Right now they have the following weeks blocked for 2025.
January 1 – 5, 2025
April 7 – 26, 2025

Since they’ve already gone into April, I’m thinking they wouldn’t go back and add March? That’s what I’m wondering.

Maybe because Easter is much later next year, why not any in March?

Know will certainly be blocked out of Studios during Mardi Gras concerts. But you can always go into Islands, as not usually blocked from the other park (meaning also Volcano Bay) during those concert times.

Thank your for your reply!

Right now they have the following weeks blocked for 2025.
January 1 – 5, 2025
April 7 – 26, 2025

Since they’ve already gone into April, I’m thinking they wouldn’t go back and add March? That’s what I’m wondering.
2024 they are blocked out 2 weeks before Easter and one week after. Looks like they are doing the same in 2025, April 7-26 is 2 weeks before Easter and one week after. It is probably a reasonable assumption you will be OK in 2025 but unfortunately there are no guarantees. As mentioned above, you will be blocked out of the Studios park on weekend Mardi Gras concert dates in March, could be both Saturday and Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter