Adding an extra person to a room when no park passes are available

Mich123

DIS Veteran
We have a 5 night stay at the Yacht Club later this month and our 22 year old DD would like to join us. Since we booked a package, to add her on we’d have to get her a six day ticket. The problem? Only two of our days have park availability at this point. I called WDW’s reservation line and it was recommended that I add her as a day guest when we arrive. Has anyone done this before? Will it work? TIA!

I mean technically would you even need to add her?
if she is coming and going with you she isn’t going to need a room key and with the app, maybe she can just log into your account if need be.

if she is coming and going with you she isn’t going to need a room key and with the app, maybe she can just log into your account if need be.

Technically yes, she needs to be added. The hotel needs to know who is booked in the room in case of emergencies. Plus there are room capacities & extra adult fees that apply.

I did this about 4 years ago at a cabin at Fort Wilderness. She was actually added to the room and linked to our reservation as we were not charging cost for the cabin. very easy to do.

You could possibly still get her park reservations. People cancel all the time. They won’t show up on the calendar, but you can check by trying to book. A lot of people have been successful with this. You can even get HS reservations the same day because some people cancel if they don’t get a RISE group.

Since she won’t have park passes every day, I’d like her to be able to get into Stormalong Bay.

You could possibly still get her park reservations. People cancel all the time. They won’t show up on the calendar, but you can check by trying to book. A lot of people have been successful with this. You can even get HS reservations the same day because some people cancel if they don’t get a RISE group.
Thank you! I had wondered about this. It makes me a little crazy that I have to buy tickets day by day, but it would be great if she could join us. Thank goodness her favorite park is Epcot so we did get two days there.

Technically yes, she needs to be added. The hotel needs to know who is booked in the room in case of emergencies. Plus there are room capacities & extra adult fees that apply.
yeah tech but point is you can make it work without buying the six day pass
Since she won’t have park passes every day, I’d like her to be able to get into Stormalong Bay.
Makes sense

I called WDW’s reservation line and it was recommended that I add her as a day guest when we arrive. Has anyone done this before? Will it work? TIA!
As mentioned above Disney is correct that you need to add her at the front desk to your reservation when you arrive. This is due to the package you have for the rest of the group. But you don't have to wait until then to add Disney Park Pass reservations. Check a few times per day and you should be able to add MK, AK, and Epcot with ease. HS may take a little more work but is very doable.

You can still purchase her a multi-day ticket to save money and with ticket you will be able to check and add Disney Park Pass reservations for days as they appear in the system. As @Kerr84 indicated above don't look at the calendar as that is not updated in real-time. You need the ticket to check and assign her a park reservation when they pop up. They pop up multiple times per day.

Guests change their plans all the time and some guests here on DIS (you know who you are) have been known to change plans multiple times per day before they head to WDW or even while on the way there.

Note: Don't add ticket days 1 by one or you will be hit with single day tickets pricing. Disney can help you convert your 2 day ticket in to a 4 or 5 or 6 day ticket if she wants.

Dave

Hi
I stayed at Yacht Club last Dec. I had 2 friends that needed a place to stay 1 night. I let the front desk know. They asked me if my friends were going to use the pools, they were not. So they let them stay without charge. If they were going to use the pools, they would have charged around $ 25 each person each day. Guests need proof they are staying at Beach Club/Yacht Club to use Stormalong Bay.

Last edited:
We have a 5 night stay at the Yacht Club later this month and our 22 year old DD would like to join us. Since we booked a package, to add her on we’d have to get her a six day ticket. The problem? Only two of our days have park availability at this point. I called WDW’s reservation line and it was recommended that I add her as a day guest when we arrive. Has anyone done this before? Will it work? TIA!
You won't have any problem adding her to your room at check in, as long as you aren't exceeding room capacity. If you think she will be going to the parks every day if a park reservation opens up, then I would go ahead and buy her a park ticket for every day she plans to be there. It is cheaper to buy a 5 day ticket than to add single days.

The only exception to that plan is if you plan to take the Magical Express. Then she would need to be registered to the room in order to get on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter