Adding an adult to existing ressie and rollaway cot question- RPR

jcavvacj

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I have a trip booked for 11/7-11/13 staying at the RPR- SMSM rate (averaging $289/night for standard queen club level room). I booked this for myself and my two boys, who will have just turned 15 and 16 right before the trip. I figured one of them would have to suck it up and share a Queen bed with me, or each other... they tend to just sleep where they fall most of the time anyways. Well, a good friend of mine is now able to join us on the trip. She is super easy to travel with and it will be nice for me to have an adult to hang with for when the teenage boys start to drive me nutso.... SO, I am thinking we will want to ask for a rollaway cot for our room with the addition of another adult to the room.

My questions:

1. Will adding her to my reservation change the cost of my trip? It is a room only ressie- not a package.

2. Can I bring an air mattress with me and use that, or is a rollaway cot my only option? Can anyone tell me how comfortable the rollaway cots are? My boys aren't picky and can pretty much sleep anywhere, and I figure they will alternate who sleeps on the cot, but if the cots are awful I will pack an air mattress and pump.

Thanks!

Add your friend at check in. 2 adults is fine in a room. I would just do the air mattress. I think the rollaway is either $15 or $25 a night. I've never met a rollaway I liked!

We leave in 11 days and have a similar situation - a friend is flying down on Wednesday and finishing the week with us. I have a little bit of planning OCD, so I called RPR to have him added and handle a few other things as well. About 2 minutes into my lengthy explanation - they told me it is possible to do over the phone/fax, but it is much easier just to handle at check in and that there will be no issues at all!

I am learning - I have absolutely nothing planned out for our 8 days, except one ADR at Disney Springs that I had to make about 26 weeks ago...ugh!

I'd make them share the queen bed!! Are you sharing with your friend? I don't see any reason 2 brothers cannot share a bed.

I'm having my 2 nieces 16 and 17 share a queen.

ETA: you could sweeten the deal by telling them a roll away will be $150. Do they want the extra bed or the extra cash? Hahahaha

last year we stayed Club level at RPR and needed the rollaway as there were 5 of us-was on our reservation but they forgot to bring to room. The charge never did show up on our bill. Wonder if it was because of club level or the fact they forgot. My youngest slept on the rollaway and never had complaints.

since they never delivered it, no charges were on your bill

Housekeeping would have made note on the system if a rollaway was in the room

If you would have called about no rollaway in your room, they would rechecked the booking and brought one to you

Yes, I am sure my friend and I will share a bed and they might end up sharing the other Queen bed also... I'm not too sure how difficult they will be about having to share a bed with each other. I was hoping there were some Queen rooms with a sofa like at some of the Disney Deluxe's we've stayed at (Polynesian was the most spacious room with an actually very comfortable sofa for the 5th person!) but apparently there aren't any rooms like that at RPR. Oh well.... since I can't afford to spring for the family suite or any suite for that matter, two Queen beds will have to do!

Yes, I am sure my friend and I will share a bed and they might end up sharing the other Queen bed also... I'm not too sure how difficult they will be about having to share a bed with each other. I was hoping there were some Queen rooms with a sofa like at some of the Disney Deluxe's we've stayed at (Polynesian was the most spacious room with an actually very comfortable sofa for the 5th person!) but apparently there aren't any rooms like that at RPR. Oh well.... since I can't afford to spring for the family suite or any suite for that matter, two Queen beds will have to do!

Well you are a very nice parent!! I'd show them the bed and tell them share or take turns on the floor! :D:P

I wanted to mention our experience last week. The standard queen rooms were small! We have 5 in our family and with the air mattress in place, there was no way to move around the room. We only stayed there one night but I would have regretted the rollaway because I think it would never be out of your way. At least with the air mattress you can stand it up or move it during the day.

I wanted to mention our experience last week. The standard queen rooms were small! We have 5 in our family and with the air mattress in place, there was no way to move around the room. We only stayed there one night but I would have regretted the rollaway because I think it would never be out of your way. At least with the air mattress you can stand it up or move it during the day.

The rollaway stands up straight too.

When we used an air mattress. We left it on top of the bed when out of the room
Housekeeper once done just leaned it against the wall when room finished

Was not an issue for us regarding space

I've never brought an air mattress with us before. Do we bring our own sheets or will housekeeping let us use some?

We added a rollaway at the HRH for $25 per night plus tax, all linens and blankets included and set up by housekeeping, mattress pretty comfortable, supposedly new within the last year, and the extra adult that we added for part of our stay was $25 per night plus tax for the nights stayed! WORKED out GREAT!:banana:::yes::

I've never brought an air mattress with us before. Do we bring our own sheets or will housekeeping let us use some?

You can get the bedding you need from housekeeping for your air mattress......there is no charge for that.....:thumbsup2

Ok. I haven't seen one at RPR,just the ones that fold in half.

For this family, I wouldn't get a rollaway or air mattress because there is no space.

Many people do have an air mattress or rollaway.

It does fit.

I have three boys and they would never, ever want to share a bed. I figure if they want to sleep on an air mattress, that is up to them. We have had not one but two air mattresses at RPR and they did fit. No room for walking around but it was just for sleeping, the rest of the time we just propped them up against the wall. Of course we usually drive so it is no problem bringing a couple of air mattresses. If we flew, I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy.

There are usually some extra pillows and blankets in the room closet. If you need more, just ask and they will bring you some.

We were just there for Christmas and had 5 of us in the room. We brought along a twin sized air mattress with a pump. It fit just fine. There is a chair and table between the bed and the window. We pushed those back a little bit and put the mattress between the bed and window. It was fine, and totally out of the way, unless you felt the need to look out of the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter