Adding a person to an existing reservation question...

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
Can anyone tell me if you can add a person to an existing reservation that has already been paid before the paid in full date? I want to invite my friends adult daughter with us and need to know before I ask her. TIA. :smickey:

Shauna :eeyore:

It depends on how full your muster station is. There are more beds assigned to each muster station than the number of passengers it can legally allow. When a station is full, you can’t add passengers or even book an empty room assigned to it. You need to call DCL to ask about your specific situation.

It depends on how full your muster station is. There are more beds assigned to each muster station than the number of passengers it can legally allow. When a station is full, you can’t add passengers or even book an empty room assigned to it. You need to call DCL to ask about your specific situation.
Someone on my last cruise ran into that situation. Their room would sleep 3 but initially they were not allowed to add their daughter. Thankfully there was a cancelation and she was able to add her in time!

If there is room in the muster station and in the room, you can add an adult even after you have paid in full. We added a guest after we had completed online check-in — I then had to go in and complete the form for the new guest.

If there are already a lot of kids who will be onboard, there is a small possibility that an additional passenger aged 3-12 won’t be allowed but an adult or baby would be, to make sure there is another space in the Oceaneers Club/Lab.

Can anyone tell me if you can add a person to an existing reservation that has already been paid before the paid in full date? I want to invite my friends adult daughter with us and need to know before I ask her. TIA. :smickey:

When adding guests to a reservation DCL asks:
1) is there space in the room? (can't put 4 people in a 3 person room)
2) is there space in the lifeboat assigned to that room? (as noted there are more beds than space in the lifeboat).
3) is there space in the appropriate kid's club? (if applicable).

If the answer is "no" to any of those, you can't add someone.

Another thing, the cost for new people is at the prevailing rate, not what they would have paid at the time the original reservation was made.

If there are already a lot of kids who will be onboard, there is a small possibility that an additional passenger aged 3-12 won’t be allowed but an adult or baby would be, to make sure there is another space in the Oceaneers Club/Lab.
That’s true of any age group younger than adult - nursery age 6mo - 3 yrs, Club/Lab 3-12, Edge 11-14 or Vibe 14-17.

Thank you all for the great info. I checked the new room we're going to be changing to and it sleeps 5 and there are 3 of us and it was available to make a reservation. My friends daughter is an adult. Not even sure is she can go but I wanted to make sure before I asked her. I'm glad I'm able to ask her now. I know her mother (my friend) would love to have her along. You are all such fonts of knowledge. I've been on the board for 10 years in January and I still don't know as much as some of the veteran cruisers on here. Thank you again. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter