Adding a guest for part of a stay?

aVASTGrl

DIS Veteran
I have a Room Only reservation for my November stay. My sister would like to join me for a few days in the middle of my trip (so different arrival/departure dates). Can I add her to the reservation, have it linked to her MDE, and still have her eligible for Magical Express? Has anyone done this before? I'm an AP, but she's not, so there's no package complication to deal with, we'd be purchasing her tickets and linking them ourselves.

Assuming she won't take you over the occupancy limit you can either just add her for the whole time now OR add her at the front desk when you get there and then arrange dme for her.

Assuming she won't take you over the occupancy limit you can either just add her for the whole time now OR add her at the front desk when you get there and then arrange dme for her.

No occupancy issue, it's just me in the room. So if I add her for the whole trip, she can still take DME even though it'll be different dates than mine? She's a nervous flyer, so I know she would prefer to get the tags in the mail and tag her luggage ahead of time so she doesn't have to think about it.

No occupancy issue, it's just me in the room. So if I add her for the whole trip, she can still take DME even though it'll be different dates than mine? She's a nervous flyer, so I know she would prefer to get the tags in the mail and tag her luggage ahead of time so she doesn't have to think about it.

Absolutely!

As pp's mentioned you can add her and have different arrival and or departure dates - we do it often. Be aware that as the lead all the info will com to you so you will have to forward the DME voucher and luggage tags to her ahead of time. You can just give her the MB when she arrives on site if you don't want to ship that.

I haven't had to do it personally, but I was in a similar situation recently and I was asking around. The DME people are very nice apparently, and it's not a big deal to call them directly and get everything set up the way you need it.

I just added my son to our reservation coming up in September. He will only be down for six of our 11 days but we opted to add him to our entire stay. We will be at a value and since he is the 3rd adult in the room it is costing $11.25 per night. I could have waited until we got down to add him but I didn't want any glitches with DME plus he can do his fastpasses at 60 days out

As pp's mentioned you can add her and have different arrival and or departure dates - we do it often. Be aware that as the lead all the info will com to you so you will have to forward the DME voucher and luggage tags to her ahead of time. You can just give her the MB when she arrives on site if you don't want to ship that.

Oh that's not a problem..she may be almost 30, but when we do things together, she makes me handle everything..she says, "you be the mom!" :rotfl2:

Thank you, everyone! She's going to be so excited that she doesn't have to worry about anything except getting on the correct bus ;)

:rainbow:I have had and will have again this same problem with BC. So, already have 2 adults in the room, but will be adding a third who will fly in at a later day (also to complicate matters, my reservations were made by a TA/3rd party so I don't have control). Anyway, the first day I checked in I immediately added my 3rd guest (last year's charge was $25 a night)....for his arrival which would be on day 3 of the room reservation. If I added him prior to my actually being there in Florida, I would have had to pay the $25 a night for three nights that he wouldn't be there). Anyway, as soon as I did that, I got on the phone with ME to arrange for the transportation. Lucky thing is that if the transportation gets messed up, they can always UBER or Lyft. Bottom line, you ARE going to pay for the extra people in the room, but it's silly to pay for nights that they WON'T be there.

I just added my son to our reservation coming up in September. He will only be down for six of our 11 days but we opted to add him to our entire stay. We will be at a value and since he is the 3rd adult in the room it is costing $11.25 per night. I could have waited until we got down to add him but I didn't want any glitches with DME plus he can do his fastpasses at 60 days out
You could have gotten FP+ for your son at 60 days without him being on your reservation. You just need to do your FP+ first and then "change party" to include your son (or any other guest who is not staying onsite when you have a resort reservation).

:rainbow:I have had and will have again this same problem with BC. So, already have 2 adults in the room, but will be adding a third who will fly in at a later day (also to complicate matters, my reservations were made by a TA/3rd party so I don't have control). Anyway, the first day I checked in I immediately added my 3rd guest (last year's charge was $25 a night)....for his arrival which would be on day 3 of the room reservation. If I added him prior to my actually being there in Florida, I would have had to pay the $25 a night for three nights that he wouldn't be there). Anyway, as soon as I did that, I got on the phone with ME to arrange for the transportation. Lucky thing is that if the transportation gets messed up, they can always UBER or Lyft. Bottom line, you ARE going to pay for the extra people in the room, but it's silly to pay for nights that they WON'T be there.

There's no 3rd guest in the room, so there shouldn't be an extra fee. I'd rather have MDE squared away before my arrival so she doesn't have to worry about anything going wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter