• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding a day?

Peaseblossom36

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about adding a day to our trip for better flight options. If I add to an existing reservation will that change to price to current pricing?

Yes, any time you modify, you are subject to paying prevailing rates. If you find your reservation costs change dramatically, consider leaving whatever you have, currently, as is and checking pricing of just booking a separate one-night stay somewhere.

I just added a day yesterday. Surprisingly, with adding an additional night, the nightly rate went down. We were originally in a water view King room at GDT at Coronado Springs. Adding a night in the same room category would have been $200 more, which was awesome and a huge surprise since the original room was $386 a night. Switching to a 2 Queen water view GDT room was only $89 more! We went with that.

If it makes the price go up you could book the night on its own and request to stay in the same room, talk to the front desk in person on arrival about it. Not guaranteed you’ll get to stay in the same room but I’ve had luck when booking the exact same category.

I just added a day yesterday. Surprisingly, with adding an additional night, the nightly rate went down. We were originally in a water view King room at GDT at Coronado Springs. Adding a night in the same room category would have been $200 more, which was awesome and a huge surprise since the original room was $386 a night. Switching to a 2 Queen water view GDT room was only $89 more! We went with that.
It jumps up by about $1500😅 I think it’s because we have a package.

I think we’re going to try renting DVC for the night at a different resort. We’re planning on it being a resort day anyway so it could be fun to explore some where for the next trip 🙂

Well that stinks! Guess I was just exceptionally lucky! Trying a new resort sounds fun too though. We don't mind switching hotels at all (our last trip we stayed in 3 different hotels, one by the airport, one on the coast, and one at Disneyland) but a lot of people don't like to do that. Good luck!

Well that stinks! Guess I was just exceptionally lucky! Trying a new resort sounds fun too though. We don't mind switching hotels at all (our last trip we stayed in 3 different hotels, one by the airport, one on the coast, and one at Disneyland) but a lot of people don't like to do that. Good luck!
It depends on a lot of factors including if the night is weekend and/or holiday vs the rest of the days and if you booked a package did the tickets increase in price.

I have a personal theory CSR swings more than other hotels, possibly due to convention bookings. I booked CSR a few months ago and then later rebooked the exact room on the exact same promo but at a lower rate.

It jumps up by about $1500😅 I think it’s because we have a package.
If you have a package booked -- check that adding another night did not add another day to your tickets (unless that's what you want). Also, ticket prices will update with any modification to a package, so if there has been a ticket price increase since you booked and now you add a night to that package it will reprice the ticket portion of your reservation as well.

If you have a package booked -- check that adding another night did not add another day to your tickets (unless that's what you want). Also, ticket prices will update with any modification to a package, so if there has been a ticket price increase since you booked and now you add a night to that package it will reprice the ticket portion of your reservation as well.
There have been two ticket price increases. So the price makes a huge jump, even with making sure it didn’t add an extra ticket.

We used this as an opportunity to try out renting dvc points, my husband has been hesitant to try that in the past but was willing to try it for one day. We’ve got one day at Kidani in a savanna room 🙂 Toddler should love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter