Adding a 5th person ...necessary on reservation?

julietsstars

Mouseketeer
Hi Dis planning fam ;)

We currently have resort only reservation at Caribbean for 4 of us w/ 4-day separate military tickets. We've recently added a 5th person to our group and they now also have a 4-day military ticket. I was able to associate her in MDE and got her a park reservation each day.

My question is... is it 100% necessary that I add this 5th person to our resort reservation?

Last edited:

Add her. Not all rooms at CBR sleep 5 and you will need a room that sleeps 5. Plus, she will need to be on the reservation to open the door to the room.

wait, does she have already a resort reservation? Or does she have a parks reservation?

Hi Dis planning fam ;)

We currently have resort only reservation at Caribbean for 4 of us w/ 4-day separate military tickets. We've recently added a 5th person to our group and they now also have a 4-day military ticket. I was able to associate her in MDE and got her a park reservation each day.

My question is... is it 100% necessary that I add this 5th person to our resort reservation?

Guess i'm in the minority, but not really. But there's not a reason not to either (unless the room only sleeps 4).

Before covid yes, but now since there's no FP booking, EMH, if you don't need magical express, then not really a reason

Before covid yes, but now since there's no FP booking, EMH, if you don't need magical express, then not really a reason
Yep, that was my thinking as well, but I had completely forgot about Magical Express. All sorted now and thankfully I already had a sleeper room booked so no extra fee's for another person.

Guess i'm in the minority, but not really. But there's not a reason not to either (unless the room only sleeps 4).

If the fifth person is staying in the room, that person needs to be on the reservation. All guests must be on the reservation. That's the reason.

Hi Dis planning fam ;)

I would. It won't change your price unless you have more than 2 adults in the room and honestly at the rate Disney's going who knows how things will be. You'll definitely want to add to make sure you get the 5th sleeper rooms. I'd also add in case meeds ME, or if they start requiring magicband scanning for pool entry etc. There's lots of things that you may be inconvenienced by if you don't add them. Also, if something happens abd they close CBR, they'll make sure they put you somewhere to accommodate 5, if that situation and you don't have the 5th person on the reservation that won't happen.

Yep, that was my thinking as well, but I had completely forgot about Magical Express. All sorted now and thankfully I already had a sleeper room booked so no extra fee's for another person.
If three of more person are 18 or older, yes, there is an extra fee. Please add the person to your reservation.

It also has to do with fire codes....they need to know exactly how many people are in each room in case there is an emergency

I would add her on. Just in the event they overbooked the 5-person rooms, they would bump smaller parties to 4-person rooms . If you only have 4 on your reservation and were to get bumped to a non-5th person, there may not be a way to get that 5-person room back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter