Adding a 2nd guest to room

Reginaphalange1

Earning My Ears
I booked a cruise for just myself on the Wish for Sept. 2023. The concierge room is $5,390 total for one person: $4,900 + $390 insurance + $100 taxes/fees. When I called to add one person to my reservation they said with insurance it will cost and extra $1,300!? I thought the price was the same for one or two people - it increased with a 3rd, 4th and so on…

I booked a cruise for just myself on the Wish for Sept. 2023. The concierge room is $5,390 total for one person: $4,900 + $390 insurance + $100 taxes/fees. When I called to add one person to my reservation they said with insurance it will cost and extra $1,300!? I thought the price was the same for one or two people - it increased with a 3rd, 4th and so on…
Typically a single person in a room is the same cost as two people in a room. Add an additional person later you pay the cost that that person would cost at the prevailing rate, not the rate they would have been on the original reservation date.

For example: (not real costs) A room with 2 people in it costs $500 per person, plus taxes and fees (say an additional $25). So the room is probably about $1050 for two people. If a single person books that room it still is $1000 for the room (single supplement cost - you still pay for two people) but you only pay one set of taxes & fees = $1025.

If you book a room with the single supplement, and want to add a person later, and the cost for that room is now $750 per person (including taxes & fees). Since $500 has already been paid for, the second person's cost will be $250. Plus whatever their insurance costs.

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining this - it totally makes sense. I was getting various answers on the FB cruise groups so I wasn’t sure. Appreciate you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter