Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Joining in now, since we're planning overlapping trips!

So, we actually already came and went. It was SUPER short. We drove down Sunday and came back late yesterday. It was short and sweet! It is only a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive for us. so, not bad.

You have to be pretty close to us! We're in the Philly burbs of NJ and I'm quite familiar with the drive down 95 to DC. My father's family is disperse throughout MD, so I've been making that trek a few times a year since birth.

On another note, I just saw that Tomorrowland Speedway will be closing at the end of the year for some track work for Tron. The girls will be super bummed about this being closed for awhile. Me and Andy... not so much... It doesn't sound like it will be closed for that long, which is a bummer, as I assume that means they won't be doing much other than changing the track. It needs new cars BADLY!!!!

I was just reading this. The announcement I read says that the railroad will shut down in December for work, and then Speedway will go down a bit later but it doesn't list an actual start date. I'm curious for the late Feb into early March trip, if that means both will be down or if the railroad will be back up and just speedway will be down.

I had heard that you can "pool" your credits for dessert and get the Baked Alaska. Which if so, I know the girls will get a big kick out of that. But we would have to all order a regular meal that way.
I had to look this up, but wow! I'm no help deciding because I've only been to Cali Grill :P
The only reason I want to do the fake reservation is that Ohana is silly hard to get a time that isn't 3:30 or 10:00. I would like to eat at a normal dinner time....
I really want a 3:30/4:00ish reservation and can't get one!

Couple updates...

Mail
This came in the mail yesterday! I was super excitied of course!
Untitled

Untitled
Oddly it was for the LAST part of our stay... It will be intresting to see which one comes next.

Video
I wanted to order a new Vacation Video, and just say that they just post them online. Which I guess makes sense... But there is still something exciting about getting things in the mail. Or is that just me?

Changes
So, I was thinking about the trip over the weekend and while catching up on everyone's trip reports. And I "think" I am going to switch 2 of our park days...

So, the first 4 days were to be Magic Kingdom / Animal Kingdom / Magic Kingdom / Hollywood Studios. But now I am thinking we may want to do some of the night stuff at Hollywood Studios. We haven't seen the Star Wars fireworks in a long time. And probably will be awhile. As once the Star Wars Land opens good know the crowds will be like.

So, we would then be Magic Kingdom / Animal Kingdom / Hollywood Studios / Magic Kingdom.

Untitled
So, these are my two options....

I am thinking it makes sense to switch the days in order to see the fireworks, and I want to do Sci-Fi Drive In. I am thinking we will do it Out of Pocket. Andy and I will probably split a burger there anyway.
We would also be able to take extra advantage of the monorail leaving the park.
The problem, is that Touring plans has Hollywood Studios at a 10/10 for that day! I know, it might not be right but 10/10!!!! Yikes! I wonder if that is skewed since there is so few things to do right now? Either way, I think I am leaning towards the switching of days.

Dinning
And as you can see, I have NOT made a decision on the 2 Credit Dinning. I do think I am down to either Hoop Dee Doo Review or California Grill. I think HDDR is more our family's style. And Andy did say he wanted to go again. But I think it would be fun to have a new restaurant to try. I might make both reservations until I can decide....

Joining in now, since we're planning overlapping trips!
Welcome!!!!! Glad you came over here as well. We can play together!!!

I really want a 3:30/4:00ish reservation and can't get one!
I know, it is silly how hard they are to get. I really think I might book a early reservation to get in a few days earlier... We will see. Sometimes I am lazy about that stuff. I listen to the hoops people jump through, and I sometimes think it just isn't worth it.

I had to look this up, but wow! I'm no help deciding because I've only been to Cali Grill :P
See, I was convinced that I was going to Cali Grill but now, I am leaning back towards Hoop Dee Doo Review.... Why is this always so hard!!!

The problem, is that Touring plans has Hollywood Studios at a 10/10 for that day! I know, it might not be right but 10/10!!!!

That seems nuts. I know the first couple of days that week are supposed to be busy because of the Princess Half, but 10/10?? Is there something else going on at HS that day? Interestingly, UT and KtP both suggest HS as one of the "better" parks to visit that day, though they show the crowds heavy overall.

Your Mickey mail reminded me that I don't think we ever got one for our next trip. Of course we didn't get magic bands either and when I called to inquirer the CM must have thought I was crazy since I have so many on our account already :-)

I hadn't looked too hard at the crowd calendars yet, but 10/10 seems very odd for MGM. Must be some sort of oddity. We haven't gotten as far as parks yet, but believe it or not I think I may book an ADR at 180 days because Jason want to do CG brunch after the half marathon again :scared1: Think we'll do hoop dee doo at some point too but not sure when yet

I like touring plans, and I do feel like they’re pretty close but that seems crazy to me. Have you checked dad’s calendar or any others for cross reference?

That seems nuts. I know the first couple of days that week are supposed to be busy because of the Princess Half, but 10/10?? Is there something else going on at HS that day? Interestingly, UT and KtP both suggest HS as one of the "better" parks to visit that day, though they show the crowds heavy overall.
I checked out both UT and KtP and both say it is the best park to go to. I mean I guess really that is what it is, a guess. They don't REALLY know. Disney knows kind of. I think I am making the switch. I feel better about it.

Of course we didn't get magic bands either and when I called to inquirer the CM must have thought I was crazy since I have so many on our account already :-)
Ha! Andy said we should decline magic bands this trip... But I want to get 3 boxes of Magic bands!!! It will be amazing!

I hadn't looked too hard at the crowd calendars yet, but 10/10 seems very odd for MGM. Must be some sort of oddity. We haven't gotten as far as parks yet, but believe it or not I think I may book an ADR at 180 days because Jason want to do CG brunch after the half marathon again :scared1: Think we'll do hoop dee doo at some point too but not sure when yet
CG brunch is def right up your alley for sure! I am totally torn on the 2. You will have to tell me how your visit to CG is this trip. I literally change my mind every day.

I like touring plans, and I do feel like they’re pretty close but that seems crazy to me. Have you checked dad’s calendar or any others for cross reference?
I wonder if TP is over estimating, like if they are high people will be pleased that it is less?

I did check Kenny the Pirate and Undercover Tourist and they both say that it is the best park to go to. Which I just shows that it is just a guess, they don't really know. But I do feel better about the switch.

I suggested that! She said Mermaids are weird! :confused3

Lol! She’s not wrong, especially when you consider their origin of luring sailors to their death, lol! Luckily they don’t teach that stuff until middle/high school.

They offer spa treatments and make up for the kids at a few locations as well. It’s not as costly, and booking may be easier too. We are looking into one at Senses for May. Thought maybe E would like a hair styling while I get a mani-medi.

They offer spa treatments and make up for the kids at a few locations as well. It’s not as costly, and booking may be easier too. We are looking into one at Senses for May. Thought maybe E would like a hair styling while I get a mani-medi.
I don't know if I want her to know about those either! She will want to go everytime!

Hi Everyone!

I booked a leading reservation to book some dinning reservations!

Which means I can book a dinning reservation for our 1st full day tomorrow!!!! And I think I have settled on California Grill.
california-grill-gallery11

I think it will be a nice way to end our first day in the parks. Saturday will be by far the busiest day, I think. So, if we have had enough of the crowds, we can go back to the hotel and rest before dinner and change. If not, we will be able to just walk over for dinner.

Right now, Disney hasn't officially posted the park times. (Side rant.... Disney has basically forced us to book dinning 180 days out but they don't give us all the information we need! End Rant)

BUT Kenny the Pirate is saying 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM with fireworks @ 8:00, which kind of seems about par for the entire trip.

What time should I make the reservation for? Would 7:00 be too early? 7:30? I assume nothing later than that at risk of not being seated in time?

If we stick with California Grill, I def want to be there for the fireworks!
california-grill-fireworks

Awesome choice with CG. I'd probably go with 7:30 just in case the fireworks are at 9 instead of 8. They are great about making sure your food doesn't come out during the fireworks so don't worry about that at all.

I think 7:30 would work for Cali Grill! And your rant is warranted! The mess with the dessert parties this year was killing me.
Thanks!

Awesome choice with CG. I'd probably go with 7:30 just in case the fireworks are at 9 instead of 8. They are great about making sure your food doesn't come out during the fireworks so don't worry about that at all.
Thanks! I know you are a big fan of Californina Grill! I expect a detailed report from your trip in 1 DAY!!!! No tipsy notes notes on this evening. ;) Ok, you can have tipsy notes...

Lol! Yeah, I could see that, but at least then it’d be $50 each time instead of $200!?
That is true! We did the "Crown" package, which was the cheapest option at $65. I am thinking maybe I can come up with something else special. We will see. I was just looking at the Mermaid package, and I think Gwen would like it. I could do that same as you with mermaid leggings and a cute shirt... Something to think about.

I was able to make my first dinning reservation! It took a couple tries! And I ended up having to make it on my phone. Why? I don't know. But I got a 7:30 reservation for California Grill on Saturday. Woo Hoo!

Next up is BOMA!
Boma-013

We have been to BOMA twice now, but it has been a couple trips since we have been there.

We love the spices of Indian and African food.
boma_disney_dinner_review-43
Samosas are one of my favorites! And If I remembered them correctly, I liked BOMA's version better than Tusker House's. TH aren't bad, BOMA are just better.

ouaasdahball196
And I love love love all of the dips and stews!

And Morgan LOVES the carved beef they have there.
boma-breakfast
So, this man will be her best friend!

And Gwen... well, they have corn dog nuggets, so she will be happy.
Boma-menu-Disney-World by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

So, it is a win win!

Sunday, we will be going to Animal Kingdom for the day. Kenny the Pirate is saying 9AM to 8PM again for the day. And I am thinking we might want to try and ride Everest at night again, so I am thinking maybe a 4:00 dinner reservation? That way we can take our time at dinner and still have time to go back to the park to more than likely ride Everest and Primevil Whirl at night. Maybe 4:30?

We have no desire to see River of Lights but would love to take advantage of the low wait for Everest.

BOMA is sooo good! We live in an area with a ton of different Middle Eastern restaurants so I have Samosas like once a week, lol! I think 4 is good, gotta take into account buses and such. They say to allow 190 minutes for travel now. :confused3

They say to allow 190 minutes for travel now. :confused3
What?!? We are def not opposed to taking an umber back to the park if the posted wait is too long.

I remember we were staying at Wilderness Lodge and asked how long it would take us to get to Hoop Dee Doo Review. And they told us 120 minutes... ummmm.... no. I know you never know when a boat will come but 120 minutes, maybe if we walked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter