Add water park to Salute tix?

brockash

DIS Veteran
Is there any way to add the water parks to already purchased only hopper salute tix?

Long story, but basically we took a trip in Feb. I got them at our local base and we weren't going to do water parks then and planned to activate tix at guest services the night we flew in. Our flight got changed and we wouldn't get to guest services before they closed, so I ordered salute tix through shades of green so they would already be activated and saved the 1st set we purchased for our summer trip.

This trip we are doing water parks. so wanting to see if anyone has been able to add water parks onto the salute tix either now or once we're there.

I know I can just order water park tix separately, but it's so much more expensive.

Any insight would be great, thx!

Last edited:
I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's worth asking when you get there. We buy our salute tickets from SOG, and one year we bought the five-day instead of the six-day tickets (this was in Feb 2020). We wanted to add that extra day halfway through our trip. We stopped into guest services at DS, and they were able to add it for us at the salute price. I know it's not exactly the same situation, but it makes me hopeful for you.

Which tickets are you trying to add the waterparks to?
Fully used tickets typically can't be upgraded. If you're talking about unused tickets, then there shouldn't be a problem adding water park admission at "the gate." You will pay the difference, including tax.
If you did purchase the tickets from Shades of Green, then you could contact them and try to upgrade them through there, before you go.
If the tickets you have on hand are from your base ticket office, then you'll have to change them after you get there.

You cannot upgrade salute tickets at all. They make this very clear when you purchase them, so you make sure you buy the right ones.

You cannot upgrade salute tickets at all. They make this very clear when you purchase them, so you make sure you buy the right ones.
Well unfortunately (for clarity purposes) just because it's stated somewhere doesn't mean it's true...especially at Disney lol. As the first reply indicates it appears that ppl. have had luck in making changes. This is why I always come to the dis to check on actual experiences because in over 2 decades of going to Disney and as most know experiences hold A LOT more meaning than what Disney or the military for that matter lol posts somewhere.

Have you ever purchased salute tix? Did you try to make a change? Can you report what happened in your experience?

Which tickets are you trying to add the waterparks to?
Fully used tickets typically can't be upgraded. If you're talking about unused tickets, then there shouldn't be a problem adding water park admission at "the gate." You will pay the difference, including tax.
If you did purchase the tickets from Shades of Green, then you could contact them and try to upgrade them through there, before you go.
If the tickets you have on hand are from your base ticket office, then you'll have to change them after you get there.
Yes, trying to add them to the unused tix. These are the ones we purchased at our local base. I'll call and ask them, but I don't have much faith in their Disney knowledge. You can tell they are not die-hards like us or on the boards lol. They have told me so many false things about Disney.

So when you're thinking I might be able to upgrade them at the gate and pay the difference; are you thinking the difference between the regular hopper vs hoppets plus water parks or just that they'd sell me the water park tix? If we can save money (Salute price would be awesome, but even the difference from a reg. hopper to water park plus would be a good amount cheaper than purchasing them individually,) we'd do that, but if it's going to be the regular water park price we'd rather just order them now :)

I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's worth asking when you get there. We buy our salute tickets from SOG, and one year we bought the five-day instead of the six-day tickets (this was in Feb 2020). We wanted to add that extra day halfway through our trip. We stopped into guest services at DS, and they were able to add it for us at the salute price. I know it's not exactly the same situation, but it makes me hopeful for you.
Hmmmm...well that's hopeful. Thanks for reporting your experience.

Yes, trying to add them to the unused tix. These are the ones we purchased at our local base. I'll call and ask them, but I don't have much faith in their Disney knowledge. You can tell they are not die-hards like us or on the boards lol. They have told me so many false things about Disney.

So when you're thinking I might be able to upgrade them at the gate and pay the difference; are you thinking the difference between the regular hopper vs hoppets plus water parks or just that they'd sell me the water park tix? If we can save money (Salute price would be awesome, but even the difference from a reg. hopper to water park plus would be a good amount cheaper than purchasing them individually,) we'd do that, but if it's going to be the regular water park price we'd rather just order them now :)
You should be able to "upgrade" the ParkHopper tickets to ParkHopper Plus Tickets. It should cost something like $30+TAX per ticket.
They won't be able to do it at your local ticket office, so I also wouldn't expect them to know whether or not it can be done.
You might try calling Shades of Green. They won't be able to upgrade your tickets, but I would expect them to have better knowledge about the ability to upgrade tickets at the parks. Or even a leisure travel office in Florida....where the issue might arise more often for people. Although, if I lived in Florida, I would be getting the full Plus ticket every year, so we could do 2 or 3 trips on the same ticket. But, not everyone loves Disney as much as I do.

I haven't actually tried to upgrade myself, but militarydisneytips says its possible.

Well unfortunately (for clarity purposes) just because it's stated somewhere doesn't mean it's true...especially at Disney lol. As the first reply indicates it appears that ppl. have had luck in making changes. This is why I always come to the dis to check on actual experiences because in over 2 decades of going to Disney and as most know experiences hold A LOT more meaning than what Disney or the military for that matter lol posts somewhere.

Have you ever purchased salute tix? Did you try to make a change? Can you report what happened in your experience?

Disney themselves used to sell the Salute Tickets. When they did, you could upgrade them to add hopping or water parks, or an extra day if you originally bought a 4 day and wanted a 5, for example.

Disney no longer sells the Salute Tickets directly. They are only sold through bases. Because of this, Disney can no longer upgrade these particular tickets.

I have purchased these tickets every year that they have been offered.

Disney themselves used to sell the Salute Tickets. When they did, you could upgrade them to add hopping or water parks, or an extra day if you originally bought a 4 day and wanted a 5, for example.

Disney no longer sells the Salute Tickets directly. They are only sold through bases. Because of this, Disney can no longer upgrade these particular tickets.

I have purchased these tickets every year that they have been offered.
You must not have tried upgrading them. I didn't do much googling before I asked, but thanks to danceintherain I was able to quickly find that Disney CAN do exactly what I was asking. Seems you can upgrade a salute park hopper to a hopper plus water parks at guest services. Just wanted to get accurate information out for anyone else that was reading/wondering.

You should be able to "upgrade" the ParkHopper tickets to ParkHopper Plus Tickets. It should cost something like $30+TAX per ticket.
They won't be able to do it at your local ticket office, so I also wouldn't expect them to know whether or not it can be done.
You might try calling Shades of Green. They won't be able to upgrade your tickets, but I would expect them to have better knowledge about the ability to upgrade tickets at the parks. Or even a leisure travel office in Florida....where the issue might arise more often for people. Although, if I lived in Florida, I would be getting the full Plus ticket every year, so we could do 2 or 3 trips on the same ticket. But, not everyone loves Disney as much as I do.

I haven't actually tried to upgrade myself, but militarydisneytips says its possible.
Thank you! I should've googled first, but just looked it up and it was clear as day. Definitely will be nice to not have to purchase them separately. I appreciate the help.

If you have at least 1 day remaining on your tickets, you will likely be able to upgrade. Once all your days are used, you cannot. We haven't done it this year, but we upgraded the 2020-2021 tickets to add a day or 2 (we had initially purchased 4 day tickets and there were 5 and 6 day options) by going to the ticket center at Disney Springs. I don't think Shades of Green or military ticket offices can make the change and you must have at least 1 day remaining on your tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter