Add-on points at a new resort

goofy4wdw59

Long Time Disney Fan
For those of you who added-on points at the VWL before it opened....did you get your points for use when you purchased, or did you have to wait for the beginning of your next use year to get your VWL add-on points??

I am trying to put this in the context of the BCV presales (assuming a spring 2002 opening) and when those points may be available for use, either at the BCV or another DVC resort. I am hoping that we will be able to do a BCV add-on before our June use year and get 2001 points. Then, in June get 2002 points. This would give us double points next calander year. Have add-ons worked this way for anyone ??

I can't answer about presales or VWL.
I am doing an add-on at BWV through Disney ( was able to get more through the lottery). I have an August use year. I am receiving my 2001 points.

If I understand correctly, the points will not beome available until the doors open at BCV. So if the doors don't open until Fall of 2002, 02 would be you first year. However, you could not book at any resort in 02 until BCV opened for business. I hope that made sense.

As I understand it, WL sold points and gave the points for the expiring year. That means that they sold points for times that were past. I suspect they made up for it from within the allotment they had already but remember that not everyone will use the points at that resort and not all of the rooms will be sold. They had plenty of rooms to make up the difference. In theory, if WL had sold out day 1, they would have had a problem.

According to my guide, there isn't any talk about pre-sales YET, she is being told right now of Sept 2002 sales beginning. NOw of course things might change. Now if pre-sales do occur, you won't close until the resort is slated to open, which could be Spring, might be Summer, who knows. I would think that you wouldn't be able to get any points until that time, meaning you would only get 2002 points. Now this only speculation. My sister is thinking of buying into DVC and I was talking to my guide about it, and stated that she was probably going to wait for BCV (since I own at VWL). She said that she'd miss out of one year of points and would be paying more money. An indication to me that no 2001 points for BCV will be available.

Have you asked your guide what they are going to do in the next year?

I bet they are saying this trying to push the VWL sales. No points for a year and higher priced? Why not buy now at VWL?

What do you think?

Originally posted by jel0511
According to my guide, there isn't any talk about pre-sales YET, she is being told right now of Sept 2002 sales beginning. NOw of course things might change. Now if pre-sales do occur, you won't close until the resort is slated to open, which could be Spring, might be Summer, who knows. I would think that you wouldn't be able to get any points until that time, meaning you would only get 2002 points. Now this only speculation. My sister is thinking of buying into DVC and I was talking to my guide about it, and stated that she was probably going to wait for BCV (since I own at VWL). She said that she'd miss out of one year of points and would be paying more money. An indication to me that no 2001 points for BCV will be available.
Those that bought WL presale and early in the course did (at least in many cases) get the points from the use year they were selling even though about 4-5 months had passed from the start of the use year when they actually closed. Of course some of this was tempered with the MB sell back and the extra rooms declared into inventory but not sold initially. IF they didn't do this and sold you a December use year (2002), you wouldn't get any points until far after you closed unless you borrowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter