Add and remove a person or name change

Jodisneyfan

Earning My Ears
I have booked a cruise next year (WBTA) for my son and myself. But he cannot cruise due to school. My mom offered to go. What should I do: add my mom and than cancel my son. Or do a name change? I used a placeholder reservation with me and my son named on the placeholder, I didn’t name my mom. Don’t know if my mom can be added on a reservation based on a placeholder to get the discount for her too. Hope anyone knows. Couldn’t find an answer by searching. Thanks.

Try a name change if they’ll do it. She will qualify for the 10%, however “adding” her now will be at current rates. If the cruise fare has increased since you booked, she would be charged 10% off the higher fare. A name change should keep the original fare booked for your son.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was told a few years by a DCL rep on the phone that it is a $50 fee for "name change only" on the reservation.

Definitely do a name change, which will keep the original pricing with discount and doesn't cost anything. I usually get a placeholder for me and my husband, and then for the cruises he's not with me, I just change the name once I know who will be joining me. Never had a charge and have done this many times!

I was told a few years by a DCL rep on the phone that it is a $50 fee for "name change only" on the reservation.
Never had to do this, but I though I had read where the $50 name change fee was applied when changing a passenger closer to the sail date. Maybe once PIF date has been reached?

If we book a cruise for May 2021 in the next lot of realises and my wife is pregnant during that time would we need to wait until the baby is born and then add he/she on at the rates on that day

Is there any way to lock A rate in and then to just add a child on to out room

Hope that makes sense

If we book a cruise for May 2021 in the next lot of realises and my wife is pregnant during that time would we need to wait until the baby is born and then add he/she on at the rates on that day

Is there any way to lock A rate in and then to just add a child on to out room

Hope that makes sense
You can add a TBD passenger and once the baby is born contact Disney or your TA and change the name and birthdate. We did this when I booked a cruise for us, our kids and grandkids. Turns out it was good that I did that or the youngest would not have been able to cruise. She had just turned 3months when we cruised and Disney changed the minimum age to 6 months between the time I booked and the cruise. Since we was included on an existing reservation, she was grandfathered under the older rules. Also if you just try to add later, there might not be space for the life boats or nursery

Great so what would lock it in at today’s price or the day u book it on’s price

Just out of interest if u did wait until he/she is born would u then pay the rate on that day so probably works out cheaper booking it as a TBD passenger

Great so what would lock it in at today’s price or the day u book it on’s price

Just out of interest if u did wait until he/she is born would u then pay the rate on that day so probably works out cheaper booking it as a TBD passenger

If you include "Baby Smith" when you initially book, that will lock in the fare of the day you booked. There should not be an increase when you later correct the name and birthdate. Just use the due-date as the birthday at first.

If you wait, it's possible the baby couldn't be added. To add a child to an existing reservation, there must be 1) space in your stateroom, 2) space in the muster station, and 3) space in the appropriate kids' club. If any of the above are full, you would not be allowed to add baby. If the above are not problems, then you could add baby but it would be at the prevailing rate (rate as of the day you add the passenger, not rate from when you initially booked the parents). I'm not sure infant rates increase tremendously, but that may be dependent on the specific cruise.

Just be aware of DCL's minimum age to cruise. I think it's 6 months for most cruises, and 12 months for TA, PC and Hawaii cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does anyone know if you can change a name after the PIF date? My daughter has been accepted into the Disney College Program (YAY!!!), and while her recruiter assured her it would not be a problem to take off for our cruise in February, she will not know until she arrives in WDW in January and talks to her team leader.

We would take my youngest daughter's best friend if my DCP daughter can't come.

Does anyone know if you can change a name after the PIF date? My daughter has been accepted into the Disney College Program (YAY!!!), and while her recruiter assured her it would not be a problem to take off for our cruise in February, she will not know until she arrives in WDW in January and talks to her team leader.

We would take my youngest daughter's best friend if my DCP daughter can't come.

Yes, you can change a name after PIF. I believe there is a $50 fee.

But...how old is the younger daughter’s friend? If she is under age 18, there also needs to be space in the appropriate kids’ club to determine if she can take your DCP daughter’s spot on the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, you can change a name after PIF. I believe there is a $50 fee.

But...how old is the younger daughter’s friend? If she is under age 18, there also needs to be space in the appropriate kids’ club to determine if she can take your DCP daughter’s spot on the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!
Not necessarily true, but I would guess that the friend is probably approximately the same age as the daughter, so they wouldn't be adding a new kid.

My youngest is 30, so it doesn't apply to me, but does there need to be space in Edge and Vibe when booking (hence under 18) or does it only apply to the 3-12 Oceaneers club/lab and nursery? Just curious

Not necessarily true, but I would guess that the friend is probably approximately the same age as the daughter, so they wouldn't be adding a new kid.

My youngest is 30, so it doesn't apply to me, but does there need to be space in Edge and Vibe when booking (hence under 18) or does it only apply to the 3-12 Oceaneers club/lab and nursery? Just curious

They would be replacing the college-age kid with one I’m guessing is in high school or junior high - or since they said “youngest” possibly elementary if the college age is the oldest and there are more than 2. I think the capacity limit does apply to Edge and Vibe as well as people have reported their “not quite age of” child not being allowed to move up because of no space.

My youngest is 18...so this doesn't apply to me. Her friend would be 18 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter