Add a day to an existing park ticket

Korben

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

I’m planning a 6-day trip in January with my sister and nephew. We currently have a vacation package that includes 4-day park tickets, but I would like to add another day for myself so that I can do the Keys to the Kingdom tour during one of our resort days.

I assume that I can’t alter or request a refund for just my ticket, since it’s part of a package. It seems like I’ll need to purchase a separate single day ticket and link it to MDE, but I am hoping someone here has some insight into the matter before I put the money down for another non refundable ticket.

Hey all,

I’m planning a 6-day trip in January with my sister and nephew. We currently have a vacation package that includes 4-day park tickets, but I would like to add another day for myself so that I can do the Keys to the Kingdom tour during one of our resort days.

I assume that I can’t alter or request a refund for just my ticket, since it’s part of a package. It seems like I’ll need to purchase a separate single day ticket and link it to MDE, but I am hoping someone here has some insight into the matter before I put the money down for another non refundable ticket.
You should be able to add it since each ticket is listed separately in MDE, but if you can't do it in the app, call and see what they can do over the phone. Generally speaking, Disney tends to be more than accommodating when it comes to you offering them more money.

In my experience this had to be done in person at Guest Services onsite; no one on the phone could help me in advance. That was a few years ago, though, so things may have changed.

I called and turned my 7 day ticket into an 8, so you might call

There was actually an option to add a day in thd MDE app but I needed to call because my tickets have Genie+ and that made it fail on the app. But see if you have the Change Ticket option in MDE

But see if you have the Change Ticket option in MDE
I only see the option to change the tickets for all 3 of us. There doesn’t seem to be a way to change a single ticket from a vacation package in the app or on the site. On the plus side, poking around with that made me notice that it’ll cost an additional $157 to add a day to all 3 tickets versus $130 (after tax) to buy a single day ticket just for myself.

I think I’m going to talk to my sister and see if there’s anything she’d like some extra park time for. If not, I’ll call Disney to see what they can do or just add the day when I activate the ticket and hope there are still park passes available.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Not too sure, since I haven't been keeping up with all the changes post-covid. In the past, you couldn't make changes to just one ticket in a package until you were on-site and had the tickets "in-hand". At that point, tickets could be modified individually. So, you could wait until you arrive, then add a day to just your ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter