Adam Ant... SIGH!

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
I totally forgot how much I loved his music...

I'm sitting here, jamming to Stand And Deliver.. and how fresh it still sounds...

He was a hottie, back in the day...

Any other Adam Ant fans out there?

I had a gigantic poster of him on my wall in high school! Billy Idol was on the other wall. Thanks for bringing back old memories:)

Oh man....I was obsessed with Adam in 8th & 9th grade....I even saw him at the Orpheum theater in Boston in 1984, wearing every Adam Ant pin I had on my shirt. LOL <sigh> Looks like I need to buy some new CDs!!!

BK

yes...he was/is such a cutie! :)

Always liked his videos.

Hey Bedknobbery2 - I was at that concert, too! You know what I remember most about it? The way the audience was dressed! It was the 80's after all and so many were all punked out. I bumped into a girl in the lobby who had spiked pink hair and it hurt! (it wasn't you, was it? :) )

Jill

I have an Adam Ant story... wishing this had happened to me...

In college, I was a theater major. One of my professors, had a theater lighting/designing business, and did some freelancing.

One of the profs jobs was lighting a small Trenton NJ club where ADAM ANT was playing...

There was a lottery in the class on who would get the opportunity to "roadie" the show for credit...

Alas, that wasn't me.... it wasn't be... it was a guy named Corey who got the job!

He looks great!

LOL LOL LOL No, Jill, it wasn't me!! I can't believe this, but I remember EXACTLY what I was wearing that night! Levi's jeans, and a cowl-neck cotton shirt....I had my Adam Ant buttons going all around the neck of the shirt. My hair was (Surprise!) Poofed and feathered back. Oh yeeeeeah.....I was stylin'!!! :cool: LOL LOL LOL

I grew up with Adam Ant as i shared a room with my sister when i was really young and she was a huge fan, its shame things turned sour for him, i havent heard a news update on him since he was committed :(

Emma

OMG!

ME ME ME....

I still have my first Adam Ant tape from when I was 11 years old. It doesn't play very well anymore but I have it.

Adam Ant, he was some serious eye candy:)

He's committed...why:confused:

I cant remember the full story but he went into a pub holding a gun and he was committed for his own safety :( dont know what happened after that.

Emma

Goody two shoes
Don't drink, don't smoke
what do ya do
don't drink don't smoke
what do ya do

An Official Statement
from adam-ant.net

July 3 , 2002

Adam Ant appeared in court today to set a trial date of August 12th. A pre-trial hearing will take place next Wednesday, July 10th. At this time, it is requested that the privacy of Adam his family be repected in this personal time. Ananova Media information can be found here.

May 22, 2002

Sporting a beard and camel coloured coat, Adam appeared in the courtroom today denying the charges laid before him. His trial has been remanded until July 3, 2002. Again, at this time, Adam requests privacy for himself and his family during this period. Visit BBC News Regarding Adam's trial for more detailed information from the media.

May 2 , 2002

Adam Ant's long awaited trial will now be taking place on May 22nd. Further information will be made available on adam-ant.net when more details become available. Again, at this time, Adam asks for privacy for he and his family.

- webmistress@adam-ant.net

Regards,

adam-ant.net

March 23, 2002

First, I would like to apologize to all of those regular adam-ant.net patrons who felt as though we have abandoned them due to the delay in posting. Due to personal obligations (I was away on business) we have extremely tardy in posting the news. Regretfully, yes it is true, Adam Ant will NO LONGER be performing as part of the HERE AND NOW TOUR. At this time, the organizers are not willing to give refunds, etc. More information will be posted soon. However, please be advised that Adam has not purposely planned this to upset his fanbase. More information to follow!

- webmistress@adam-ant.net

Regards,

adam-ant.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 8, 2002

Adam Ant appeared in the London Highbury court on Wednesday, March 6th and he has been remanded and placed on bail until May 1, 2002. Adam at this time asks that we respect his privacy as he wants to concentrate his efforts on the upcoming HERE AND NOW TOUR in April.

Regards,

adam-ant.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 16, 2002

adam-ant.net is pleased to confirm that Adam Ant has now been released from hospital. He appeared in court on February 14th and the trial date of March 6 has been set. Adam is still scheduled to perform as the headline for the Here and Now tour in the UK beginning in April. Tickets are still available (but going fast.) For Here and Now information, please visit the Tour information page. Thanks to all who have sent get well greetings!

Regards,

adam-ant.net

January 18, 2002

adam-ant.net would like to inform you that the London Magistrates court appearance that was to occur today was further delayed another two weeks. Adam Ant is resting in hospital and a new court date has been set for January, 31.

At this time, it is again requested that his family and friends be left alone in this personal time. Adam Ant is being well looked after and is doing fine. If you wish to send a greeting to Adam, adam-ant.net accepting greetings that will be gathered for two weeks and passed onto him.

Regards,

adam-ant.net

Media reference: Yahoo, January 18, 2002

January 15, 2002

Due to Adam's recent arrest that occurred on January 12, 2002, adam-ant.net would like to release the following official statement.

Adam Ant was admitted into hospital on the evening of Monday, January 14. In a recent mirror.co.uk interview, Adam openly admitted his lifelong battle with manic depression. As Adam acted as a potential danger to others this past weekend, for his own safety and well being, his close friends and family recommended that Adam be admitted to a hospital in Hampstead, London for care.

Despite media claims, Adam was NOT physically attacked by police at any time, nor is there a conspiracy 'out to get him.' Adam is NOT suicidal, however, family and friends are concerned that Adam is not receiving the care that he requires and they do not wish to see him become a potential threat to himself. Adam may be admitted for up to four weeks and his trial date set for January 28 will be postponed.

As the media will no doubt in a 'frenzy' again, it is asked that this time that you respect the privacy that Adam and his family and close friends require during this dramatic and personal time.

adam-ant.net and fans worldwide join together to wish Adam a speedy recovery in time for his HERE AND NOW tour in April. He is in our hearts and we support him in this difficult personal struggle.

Regards,

adam-ant.net

PS--some GREAT photos over there, gals!!

n-beautiful.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter