Adagio Apartments - info please?

lojo

Mouseketeer
Couple of questions for anyone who has stayed at the Adagio in the last couple of years...

Is there a deposit required at check-in?

How often are towels changed, and how many are given per person?

Is there a free (or paid for - how much?) household pack supplied, and what's in it?

Any other details, or pics would be very much appreciated.

I am staying there next week. I have stayed there before 5 years ago, when it was under different management, so I will answer your questions when I get back in case anything has changed. Before, there was no household pack & towels (of which there were plenty as far as I remember) were not changed during our week there.

Hi meggiroo . Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

I would be really interested in the info too. Being a family of 5 it is getting expensive to stay onsite so next time we might look at staying here and buying annual passes. I think it would have to be dream passes though because of EMH

We've stayed there 3 times in the past, although not in the past couple of years. When we stayed the first time, for a week, we were given 7 dishwasher tablets but that was it as far as household packs go and we've always taken our own cloths/cleaning stuff since. The towels are only changed at the end of your stay, although I think that you can pay for clean towels.

We left our credit card details at check-in, rather than paying a deposit. There was a local tourist charge to pay, though, and if you want to use their parking there is a charge for that.

We've always enjoyed our stay there - it's very convenient for shopping and eating out at Val d'Europe and it's useful to have the extra space of an apartment.

I arrived at Adagio this evening. We are staying in a 4 person apartment (1 double bedroom, sofa & pullout bed in the livingroom). In the toilet there are 3 rools of toilet paper. These will not be replenished during the stay, so if you run out, you have to buy more. In the bathroom there are tissues, shower gel, 2 small bars of soap, 4 hand towels & 4 bath towels. In the kitchen there is about 6 dishwasher tablets (we are here for 4 nights, but I doubt if I'll use the dishwasher) & washingup liquid (this wasnt here before & this time I'd brought my own!) There is no teatowel (& I didn't bring one). There are no cloths or cleaning products, but I have mine with me. As mentioned above, the towels are not changed during your stay, nor is the apartment cleaned. There is a vacuum cleaner provided. There is a swimming pool here. I brought my own towels for use there, but am hoping my kids don't want to swim in it because I remember it being very cold in July & I don't fancy having to get in this week! There wasnt anyone near it this evening & I've told them that maybe it's not open yet!

Any other questions, just ask. There is free wifi at the Adagio, so I'll be able to answer them during my stay.

This is great info Karen - "this just in.... from our correspondent in the Adagio" Do you get 'danger money'?

Seriously, you mentioned the pool. Does it have a section suitable for small children? What depths generally? We're going to be there in August so the cool temperature might be ideal for us.

We're in a six person apartment, but the description sounds the same (one double bedroom, bunks (somewhere) and sofabeds. Soooo, pics would be great if you have time.

Also, what would you have brought or not brought, if you knew what you know now when you were packing? And what would you have wanted to know before you came - eg asked for a particular area of the hotel?

Oh, and what is the bedding (do they have a top sheet)?

OMG what am I like - whatever you have time to answer, just hope you have a great time in this gorgeous weather.

Cuthbert - thanks for the info - we chose it specifically because of the location beside the food court area of Val d'Europe, very handy (and tasty) if not eating in the parks.

The pool does not have a kids area. I will take a photo of it tomorrow for you & post it when I get home. We have a view of it out of our window.

I can't think of anything I should have brought. Maybe the teatowel, but I'm not planning on doing much dishes! There isn't a kettle or toaster here, just an electric coffee maker. It doesn't matter to me as I don't drink tea of coffee, but it would be annoying to have to boil water in a pot every time you wanted a cuppa. There is a microwave & a 4 ring hob - no oven. There is a fridge too. I'll take a few phootos tomorrow for you.

The beds have a sheet, a top sheet & then a blanket. They are quite firm, which I like.

Overall, although the apartment could do with repainting, I think it is great. There is a flat screen TV, but I have only find 1 news channel in English. There is a kids channel in French. It doesn't seem to bother my 2 that they don't understand it!

Any more questions, just ask.

Hi,

I had thought about staying here before but some of the reviews I read said that there is quite a walk from the RER station to the Adagio. How are you getting to the parks?:)

The pool does not have a kids area. I will take a photo of it tomorrow for you & post it when I get home. We have a view of it out of our window.

I can't think of anything I should have brought. Maybe the teatowel, but I'm not planning on doing much dishes! There isn't a kettle or toaster here, just an electric coffee maker. It doesn't matter to me as I don't drink tea of coffee, but it would be annoying to have to boil water in a pot every time you wanted a cuppa. There is a microwave & a 4 ring hob - no oven. There is a fridge too. I'll take a few phootos tomorrow for you.

The beds have a sheet, a top sheet & then a blanket. They are quite firm, which I like.

Overall, although the apartment could do with repainting, I think it is great. There is a flat screen TV, but I have only find 1 news channel in English. There is a kids channel in French. It doesn't seem to bother my 2 that they don't understand it!

Any more questions, just ask.

I know I said there was no electric kettle - well I found one tonight in one of the kitchen cupboards, so you can have your cuppa after all! I took a few photos tonight & will upload them when I get home.

Hi,

I had thought about staying here before but some of the reviews I read said that there is quite a walk from the RER station to the Adagio. How are you getting to the parks?:)

There is a free shuutle bus from the Adagio to the parks. It calls to the Hotel Elysee first, so in the mornings it is always nearly full by the time it gets here. Yesterday morning we took the bus. We managed to get on, but loads of people didn't, but it was jammed & not a very pleasant journey. This morning when we came down to the bus stop the queue was massive & I knew there was no way we'd all fit on, so we decided to walk. As we walked away the crowd was about 10 deep trying to get in the doors! Anyway, the walk to Disney Village takes about 20 mins (it took us 25mins, but I had a 4 yr old with me!) We walked home again tonight when we saw the queues for the bus to come back at 1930. Think I'll prob walk again tomorrow - it's not far at all, esppecially when you consider that the bus takes 10 mins.

There is a free shuutle bus from the Adagio to the parks. It calls to the Hotel Elysee first, so in the mornings it is always nearly full by the time it gets here. Yesterday morning we took the bus. We managed to get on, but loads of people didn't, but it was jammed & not a very pleasant journey. This morning when we came down to the bus stop the queue was massive & I knew there was no way we'd all fit on, so we decided to walk. As we walked away the crowd was about 10 deep trying to get in the doors! Anyway, the walk to Disney Village takes about 20 mins (it took us 25mins, but I had a 4 yr old with me!) We walked home again tonight when we saw the queues for the bus to come back at 1930. Think I'll prob walk again tomorrow - it's not far at all, esppecially when you consider that the bus takes 10 mins.

Hi, can you tell me which direction you walk from the village to get there? Also how often are the shuttle buses and what time is the earliest? Also might it be worth you walking to the Elysee to catch the bus first or would that be just as far as walking to the parks. Thanks for all the work you are doing for us on your holidays:goodvibes

Hi, can you tell me which direction you walk from the village to get there? Also how often are the shuttle buses and what time is the earliest? Also might it be worth you walking to the Elysee to catch the bus first or would that be just as far as walking to the parks. Thanks for all the work you are doing for us on your holidays:goodvibes

When you are at the Village, walk down the outside of it along the back of the cinema. I think this leads down to the parking for the Disney Village. Keep walking straight out towards the main road - it's a long straight road. It'll take about 10 mins ffrom the Village to the main road. Turn right & walk towards the police station. Turn left at the police station & walk down that road. This brings you to the Adagio. Very simple when you know how!

We have stayed here twice. The last time being in Feb ( good rate on exopedia.co.uk)

we had toiletries in the bathroom,plus dishwashing tabs / tea towel / cloth / washing up liquid in the kitchen

The pool is freezing! ( even in Aug!)

We drove ( literally 2 mins drive) but the train station is only a few mins walk anyway

We love it as it's a cheaper choice for families who don't wish to share 1 room with the kids!!
close to fab shops ( inc supermarket so can stock up on snacks and drinks for Disney, and for the apartment) and lovely restaurants

Disney is 1 stop away on the train and Paris is only 35 mins too

The apartments are bright and airy,some are showing signs of wear eg some areas needing repainting / bit scuffed etc but nothing major

we haven't stayed more than a few nights so unsure about the towel thing,sorry!

there is onstreet parking or you can pay to have underground,secure parking which we did and was fab. You have a code to gain entry to the gated carpark

you pay local tax upon check in 12 euros i think it was

would recommend to families,and wouldnt hesitate to stay here again :thumbsup2

Thanks Rachel.

When you mentioned 'some' need for repair etc, is that just a general thing or would you recommend asking for a particular area/room?

Also, forgot to ask in original post, is there windows or doors onto balconies (thinking of safety for 3 year olds)?

And has anyone stayed there during the summer - wondering about ventilation (I'm fairly sure they don't have airconditioning)?

Thanks Rachel.

When you mentioned 'some' need for repair etc, is that just a general thing or would you recommend asking for a particular area/room?

Also, forgot to ask in original post, is there windows or doors onto balconies (thinking of safety for 3 year olds)?

And has anyone stayed there during the summer - wondering about ventilation (I'm fairly sure they don't have airconditioning)?

we were there in Aug,the windows in the living area open right out so plenty of fresh air

there are doors from living area and bedrooms onto balconies

just a general thing really,eg coat of paint needed in some places,or a tad grubby carpet
but to be honest these things are to be expected as they are well used by families,and not like they are going to repaint after every guest lol !

we only used it as a place to sleep and shower really as were at Disney for most of the day!

Thanks Rachel.

We didn't have a balcony, perhaps it depends on what type of room your book.

Karen, no balcony, no tea towels, hiding the kettle on you, just how badly behaved were you on your previous visits to the Adagio :rotfl2:

Seriously, looking forward to hearing about your trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter