Activities near Aulani

llenne

Earning My Ears
We arrive in Hawaii July 4TH. First night we are staying next door at the JW Marriot before checking in at Aulani for ten nights. We are booked for the Fia Fia Show on Tuesday. Pearl harbor tour has been booked. We set up a couples massage at the Marriot Spa by the Sea on Saturday. I liked the idea of being right on the beach. Does anyone have any experience with either of the above mentioned activities? It is not too late to still make a change of plans if needed. What other activities are on the " not to be missed list" by Aulani experts?

Do you have children with you? There are amazing activities right at Aulani. We barely left the resort. Pool parties with the characters, storytelling around the fire pit, there were tours of the gardens and of the artwork (at least last year, not sure if they still do).

This trip is to celebrate our 30TH aniversary. Our children are grown. We have been DVC members since 1995 and are huge Disney fans! Family and friends don't get our continued Disney vacations/cruise since our children are now married and starting families of their own. Soon it will be time to continue the tradition with the grandchildren. First trip to Hawaii. Held off going once we heard about the opening of Aulani.

This trip is to celebrate our 30TH aniversary. Our children are grown. We have been DVC members since 1995 and are huge Disney fans! Family and friends don't get our continued Disney vacations/cruise since our children are now married and starting families of their own. Soon it will be time to continue the tradition with the grandchildren. First trip to Hawaii. Held off going once we heard about the opening of Aulani.

We just came back. You have made some good choices!
I would also add:
the Aloha Stadium Swap meet, held on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday....they sell fresh tropical fruit cut up to enjoy while you walk around, and the best prices on souvenirs
Polynesian Cultural Center (stop at Dole on the way up, as PCC opens at noon)
Visit Waikiki Beach and have lunch at Duke's. They take reservations
Go out in a catamaran while at Waikiki Beach, there is one behind the Sheraton that we enjoyed
If you are in good physical shape, hike up to the top of Diamond Head when they open at 7 or other early time to beat the heat. A view you won't get elsewhere!
Purchase the book "Oahu Revealed" for honest and unbiased evaluations of the area. We found them to be spot on.
Have the best time! We are really missing it.

Well you cant go wrong with the activities you have chosen. There is soo much to do at Aulani, that you will not get bored easy. The real question is, if you leave the resort, what would you like to do? You have plenty of time to decide. If you want to share some of your interests, I can try to point you in a good direction. I live right here in Kapolei, 5 minustes from the resort. I too will be there on the 3ed and 4th :-)

Thank you everyone for the helpful information. Kicked around the idea of the a shark adventure/encounter at the north shore but decided the chance of getting seasick was too high and scrapped the idea. Besides the activities that we have booked the plan is to relax and visit as many beaches and state parks as we can. We like the idea of avoiding "chain" type restaurants, having picnics on the beach, and just exploring the island.

Hi dstupper,
llenne, I don't want to hijack your thread but I would like to ask a question if you don't mind. We will be there in September. We would like to go to Diamond head and Hanauma bay. Do you think we can do them both on the same day? Everything I read tells me to get to both early? Our two open mornings are Thursday and Saturday. Which do you think would be better.

How are the tourist crowds the third week of September?

Thanks for all your help!!

Don't worry about getting seasick on the Shark Adventure! You're not actually on the boat that long - and you won't feel it in the cage since you'll be in the water. It was a great adventure and one of the best things we've ever done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter