Active shooting situation in El Paso mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it's important to figure out what makes these people tick. Why do they hate so much? What are they so afraid of?

In the meantime, people shouldn't be afraid to go shopping. This is not going to be solved immediately but it would be nice to see something done. Something besides more and more security that is.
Shouldn't be afraid to go out...but dang well need to be alert. For sure.

It's weird right? It's sad to watch Americans giving up.
Giving up is exactly how I see it. I never thought as a nation we would give up on anything this serious.

I don't know.
I gave up for a long time.
It's a self protection mechanism.
If you don't care, it doesn't hurt as much.
But maybe that's not the right answer.
I thought by voting I was already doing the best I could.
But maybe that's not the right answer either.
I don't have any answers, but I just wrote my 2 senators about it.
And I will think about what other small action I could take.
Maybe for every person who checks out, there are some who check back in.

When was the last time 36 people were killed or wounded in less than a minute by a knife?
There was a mass stabbing in Japan recently, 17 stabbed 1 died. After Sandy Hook I can't remember which country, there was a man who stabbed a bunch of little kids, none of them died.

That is the difference though. A mass stabbing isn't the same as a mass shooting.

These young, white men are being recruited, radicalized, desensitized, and sent into the world to cause carnage in the same way that ISIS and Al Qaeda recruits, radicalizes, and desensitizes their members. They just don’t have to be smart enough to figure out how to make bombs because they can buy deadlier weapons in stores all across the nation without challenge.

Could be copy-cat. I doubt they're coordinated attacks, but rather mentally ill people behaving erratically.

It's a phenomenon called "cascading terrorism." It is, essentially, a type of one upmanship among a group of like minded individuals, in this case, members of white supremacist or other racially intolerant groups who participate in discussions on anonymous forums on 4chan and 8chan. These members post their manifestos or diatribes, then go and carry out attacks, spurring other members to do the same, in the name of "the cause."

ISID and Al Qaeda operate in a similar manner, although those organizations have known leadership as well.

What is happening in America is largely being done anonymously online by cowards.

Mental illness is largely absent from the types of people who do these things, as violence towards others is not typically associated with the majority of mental illnesses. It is just pure hatred and evil, along with a lack of empathy and value for life.

It's a phenomenon called "cascading terrorism." It is, essentially, a type of one upmanship among a group of like minded individuals, in this case, members of white supremacist or other racially intolerant groups who participate in discussions on anonymous forums on 4chan and 8chan. These members post their manifestos or diatribes, then go and carry out attacks, spurring other members to do the same, in the name of "the cause."

ISID and Al Qaeda operate in a similar manner, although those organizations have known leadership as well.

What is happening in America is largely being done anonymously online by cowards.

Mental illness is largely absent from the types of people who do these things, as violence towards others is not typically associated with the majority of mental illnesses. It is just pure hatred and evil, along with a lack of empathy and value for life.
I don't know...this guy has a lot of signs of sociopathy. Many of these shooting have an underlying mental illness component. Like Sandy Hook, the Virginia on air news shooting....etc.

Where is your proof that the Dayton Ohio shooter is a white supremacist? He shot and killed his sister before shooting others. Don't start making things up.
The other one from this weekend is a white supremacist, motivated by anti-immigrant rhetoric. The one in Texas.
Yes, there are varying motives among the various mass-shootings we have. That's why there's not a one size fits all solution.

These young, white men are being recruited, radicalized, desensitized, and sent into the world to cause carnage in the same way that ISIS and Al Qaeda recruits, radicalizes, and desensitizes their members. They just don’t have to be smart enough to figure out how to make bombs because they can buy deadlier weapons in stores all across the nation without challenge.

I don't know if the guns are deadlier. Look at how many people Timothy McVey killed with a bomb!

There were three mass shooting this week. The first two were for sure done by White Supremacists. This last one is anyones guess, but my guess is he is too. White, 24, body armor, shoots Democrat sister... He might not be, but come on...

Do you have proof that he shot his sister because she was a Democrat? Also, the shooter at the Garlic festival was half Iranian!

Do you have proof that he shot his sister because she was a Democrat? Also, the shooter at the Garlic festival was half Iranian!
You know, people with Iranian heritage can think of themselves as white. lol Where do you think the name Caucasian comes from?

We don't know that he shot her because she was a dem. I said its anyone's guess, but if I were guessing...

Still was a racist. Posted lots of neo-Nazi garbage. Believed in White Supremacy. His nationality is interesting, but irrelevant on the question of whether it was because of his racist views that he went on a shooting rampage.

I don't know if the guns are deadlier. Look at how many people Timothy McVey killed with a bomb!

And now ammonium nitrate is regulated and tracked to prevent repeat bombings. But by gross deaths or any other objective measure I can find, guns have killed far more people in this country than bombs during any span of time one might choose to utilize with the exception of April 18th-April 20th, 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter