Active shooting situation in El Paso mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports of 18 casualties and possibly multiple shooters. Seemed to be restricted to a WalMart. Also a lot of licensed firearms carriers with the guns who were apparently causing confusion as to the shooter(s).

Reports of 18 casualties and possibly multiple shooters. Seemed to be restricted to a WalMart. Also a lot of licensed firearms carriers with the guns who were apparently causing confusion as to the shooter(s).
I can imagine that, especially in Texas. I imagine a lot of people carry there. There was a man a few months ago(somewhere else), I believe, who pulled out his weapon and then was shot by police in the confusion. That really would be confusing.

Which is a good example of how crazy people don’t think twice about who may or may not be carrying.

Terrible.

Again.

I don’t have any answers, I just wish we could figure out what makes these people tick. It’s a crazy combo of mental illness, access to weapons, and American culture. There isn’t one easy fix. :sad1:

I just watched a live news report out of El Paso. They showed injured walking into a Sam's store and everyone looked so stunned. I can't imagine how terrifying this is.

Where were all the good guys with guns to stop the bad guys with guns? I thought for sure we'd hear that one of those brave good guys would have brought down the bad guys. So far, no such reports.

Maybe those good guys were being responsible gun owners and avoiding shooting at someone when they did not actually have a clear shot of only him. The majority of gun owners don't want to kill innocent people.
Maybe they were not directly being threatened, having a firearm does not mean you are required to protect anyone, it only allows you the freedom too.
Or maybe there were none that had their firearms on them, maybe they were locked away in their cars or their homes. Does that Walmart allow firearms in their store? I haven't heard that reported either.

When will this stuff stop? I start school again in exactly 1 month and it scares me so much that this sort of stuff goes on all the time. No one can be safe anymore going to a mall or kids can't be safe to learn at school like me. It is sad. I really feel for those victims and their families and this stuff needs to stop.

He had an AK-47 which is of course an "assault-type" rifle. Truly not a surprise.

He is apparently from Allen, Texas which is a nice community close to us. It's to the north of Dallas which means he drove quite a long way to carry out his plans.

He had an AK-47 which is of course an "assault-type" rifle. Truly not a surprise.

He is apparently from Allen, Texas which is a nice community close to us. It's to the north of Dallas which means he drove quite a long way to carry out his plans.

He had an actual AK-47?

I read he drove 10 hours. He clearly had a plan, which I assume is mentioned in his manifesto.
Texas still has the death penalty right? Mentally ill and/or racist I hope he gets that as his sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter