• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Activating UCT tickets at resort hotels

No need to "activate" anywhere. Just go on MDE app or the computer and enter in the ticket numbers. Make sure you link a ticket to everyone in your party. The hard ticket will get you into the parks, I'm not sure about opening your room door since I always have magic bands.

No need to "activate" anywhere. Just go on MDE app or the computer and enter in the ticket numbers. Make sure you link a ticket to everyone in your party. The hard ticket will get you into the parks, I'm not sure about opening your room door since I always have magic bands.
Thanks. They are linked, but some won’t be having magic bands since we are staying off property.

OP asked about getting a hard ticket at their resort. Many people use a magic band or mobil device. Im pretty sure a resort can still give you a plastic room key card. If everything is linked it should also include your park tickets.

Edited I just read your followup. You could wait at guest services to get a plastic ticket. Using a mobile device or paying for a magic band may save some time

Sorry didn't read that well, if you are off property unless you are at a good neighbor resort, I'm not sure you can get a hard ticket at the resort. As PP said, you will need to go to GS at the entrance to a park to get a hard ticket. If you have a good smart phone you should be able to get into the park with your phone but I've never tried it. I always just get hard tickets from UT since those are refundable.

I'm confused because your two posts sort of contradict
Your first question is, can you activate a UT ticket at a Disney resort hotel.
Even without a MB, yes you could get a plastic card at a Disney hotel to use for ticket access
But
then you say you are staying off property

So there lies my confusion. Why are you asking about activating at a Disney hotel? You are not at a Disney hotel
A Disney hotel will not give you a plastic card for ticket access if you are not a guest

As someone staying offsite you will have to go to GS to get a plastic card ticket if you do not want to use your phone as your ticket

I'm confused because your two posts sort of contradict
Your first question is, can you activate a UT ticket at a Disney resort hotel.
Even without a MB, yes you could get a plastic card at a Disney hotel to use for ticket access
But
then you say you are staying off property

So there lies my confusion. Why are you asking about activating at a Disney hotel? You are not at a Disney hotel
A Disney hotel will not give you a plastic card for ticket access if you are not a guest

As someone staying offsite you will have to go to GS to get a plastic card ticket if you do not want to use your phone as your ticket
Yes, we are staying off property, but on our arrival day we are having lunch at Steakhouse 71 in the Contemporary. Sorry for the confusion. I was just expecting a yes or no to my original question. Didn't think I would have to explain the reason....lol. If the Contemporary can't switch our e-ticket to the hard ticket, we will just walk over to ticketing at MK. We don't want to spend time at ticketing on our first park day if we can help it. Thanks for all of the replies!

Yes, we are staying off property, but on our arrival day we are having lunch at Steakhouse 71 in the Contemporary. Sorry for the confusion. I was just expecting a yes or no to my original question. Didn't think I would have to explain the reason....lol. If the Contemporary can't switch our e-ticket to the hard ticket, we will just walk over to ticketing at MK. We don't want to spend time at ticketing on our first park day if we can help it. Thanks for all of the replies!
Ah, This is a case where the full story makes a difference in the answer, which is why knowing made a difference
Seems nothing Disney ever gets a simple answer any more, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter