Activating DVC Annual Pass

Thanks! Hopefully someone who bought DVC Sorcerer APs for household members will come soon and tell us whether they had to prove eligibility for them in person before they could enter.
I can confirm this on Monday! DH and I (both on our deed) just purchased the sorcerer's pass for ourselves and our DS (who is 20, lives at home with us and NOT on the deed). I read on other forums here (because I had the same questions) that I would have to go to Guest Relations with ID first...but we will see. We check into BLT on Monday and head over to the MK so I am happy to report back. 💜

My son is 20 and lives with us- but he just tapped in also. It was a renewal- not a new pass but we have always had to in the past. He actually went to the park first while we were unpacking the car. Cast member told me over the phone that we no longer had to go to guest services so I told him to try. He text me and said no- he just tapped and went right in.
That’s positive but as you say your son’s AP being a renewal might make a difference.
I can confirm this on Monday! DH and I (both on our deed) just purchased the sorcerer's pass for ourselves and our DS (who is 20, lives at home with us and NOT on the deed). I read on other forums here (because I had the same questions) that I would have to go to Guest Relations with ID first...but we will see. We check into BLT on Monday and head over to the MK so I am happy to report back. 💜
Here’s hoping your son can enter without a visit to GR.

Was this a DVC renewal?
At some point in the last year, the process for renewing DVC APs changed. MS now connects the DVC member to Ticketing and confirms to Ticketing that the member qualifies for a DVC AP. Ticketing then takes the payment and links the AP renewal to the member’s MDE account. That allows the member to enter the parks without having to activate the new AP as we had to do in the past.

It seems this same process has now been implemented for new DVC APs. Member eligibility is confirmed during purchase, so no need to activate at GR before first use.

At some point in the last year, the process for renewing DVC APs changed. MS now connects the DVC member to Ticketing and confirms to Ticketing that the member qualifies for a DVC AP. Ticketing then takes the payment and links the AP renewal to the member’s MDE account. That allows the member to enter the parks without having to activate the new AP as we had to do in the past.

It seems this same process has now been implemented for new DVC APs. Member eligibility is confirmed during purchase, so no need to activate at GR before first use.

We did not have to call MS first for the Sorcerer's Passes we bought on April 13. Ticketing verified our DVC member number and then issued the passes.

The interesting thing is that it still says this when you are purchasing the Sorcerer Pass online, even after logging in and verifying you are a DVC member (the Sorcerer Pass isn't even visible for purchase until you log in):

pass activation.jpg

I just chatted with a CM and they said that you can tell if you look under tickets, passes, and memory maker in the WDW site, if it says certificate next to pass type, then you need to go to guest relations to activate the pass, If not, you can just use your magic band.

How do I make sure I don’t activate my AP on my upcoming trip and instead use the multi-day park tix I purchased a while ago? I don’t trust swiping my MB or magic mobile. Maybe I’ll ask for a card to use at the entrance?

How do I make sure I don’t activate my AP on my upcoming trip and instead use the multi-day park tix I purchased a while ago? I don’t trust swiping my MB or magic mobile. Maybe I’ll ask for a card to use at the entrance?

Go to GR and make sure that is listed first to be used. If you made your park reservations before you bought the AP, that would also be a fail safe as they attach to the ticket used now.

I just chatted with a CM and they said that you can tell if you look under tickets, passes, and memory maker in the WDW site, if it says certificate next to pass type, then you need to go to guest relations to activate the pass, If not, you can just use your magic band.
I've never seen my annual passes listed on the web site, only in the app.

When you go to My Plans and it shows your resorts, there is a tab at the top that says Tickets abs Passes…you can access them there!
Thanks. I never go that deep on the WDW page as it's all mostly stuff that I can see on my DVC dashboard, or in the app.

Has anyone tried going straight to the parks with an adult living in the same household yet? Did you not have to go to guest relations to verify?

The interesting thing is that it still says this when you are purchasing the Sorcerer Pass online, even after logging in and verifying you are a DVC member (the Sorcerer Pass isn't even visible for purchase until you log in):

View attachment 756959

I bought my first ever AP on April 13 🎉, made a park reservation using the AP on the 20th and went to the parks last week. I did go up to Guest Services at EPCOT and asked per the Pick-Up information note above. They told me no need, just go tap into the park. So I went to the tap in and had no problems at any of the parks during my stay. As was mentioned in another post above, I think that last paragraph is out of date.

My husband and I renewed our passes last October and I was able to buy a new one for my son who had turned three. I was told I would need to go to GR to activate his pass. Will I still need to go to GR since we bought his pass in October (before this change to using a new pass occurred)? Or does this apply to ALL new APs?

i am trying to renew our annual passes. We have the Socerer which shows up under our account but when click on renew button, I only get option to buy Incredible pass. This is in App and online. We are blue card members which shows on card. Anyone else have this problem/ I guess i need to call MS.

i am trying to renew our annual passes. We have the Socerer which shows up under our account but when click on renew button, I only get option to buy Incredible pass. This is in App and online. We are blue card members which shows on card. Anyone else have this problem/ I guess i need to call MS.
Yes, you need to call MS so they can verify your eligibility and then they transfer you to the correct dept to renew your passes.

I know you are probably still on your vacay, but did you have to go to guest relations or just go straight to the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter