• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Activating AP Voucher?

mmsportsmom

Mouseketeer
We plan to buy the AP early so we can try to use any AP room discounts that come out for our May trip. We will be traveling with others, not entering parks until the day after arrival. Can we activate our AP at the ticket window the first park day? What time do ticket windows open? We wont have a ticket to enter the park to get to Guest Services and don't really want to have to make a trip to Disney Springs on our arrival day. We would like to relax at the resort with family on arrival day. Any other thoughts or tips?

When I bought my AP online, I was sent an email with a barcode that I believe you show the nice people at the park entrance, which allows you to enter the park and go to guest services to receive your physical AP.

When I bought my AP online, I was sent an email with a barcode that I believe you show the nice people at the park entrance, which allows you to enter the park and go to guest services to receive your physical AP.
Not quite. You go to the ticket windows just before entering the park. So you go through security and then to the window to redeem your physical ticket. You can do this at Disney Springs as well.

We plan to buy the AP early so we can try to use any AP room discounts that come out for our May trip. We will be traveling with others, not entering parks until the day after arrival.
1. Can we activate our AP at the ticket window the first park day?
2. What time do ticket windows open?
3. We wont have a ticket to enter the park to get to Guest Services and
4. don't really want to have to make a trip to Disney Springs on our arrival day.
1. That's one way/place to do it.
2. If the park opens"regular hours" at 9:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens AM EMH at 8:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens "regular hours" at 8:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens AM EMH at 7:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 6:30AM.
If the park opens "extra early" (such as DAK for Pandora,) the ticket window/Guest Relations will open at least 30 minutes before any guests are admitted into the park.
3. There are Guest Relations outside all of the park gates.
4. You could go to (just outside of) any of the Water Parks (free parking, fewer guests) to activate, if you like.

We are FL resident annual pass holders. I did not have to go to the guest services this time last month as we entered our ID online. We went right to scan our magic bands no problem entering. But now we don't have a physical pass but it's loaded on MDE.

1. That's one way/place to do it.
2. If the park opens"regular hours" at 9:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens AM EMH at 8:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens "regular hours" at 8:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 7:30AM.
If the park opens AM EMH at 7:00AM, the ticket window/Guest Relations will open by 6:30AM.
If the park opens "extra early" (such as DAK for Pandora,) the ticket window/Guest Relations will open at least 30 minutes before any guests are admitted into the park.
3. There are Guest Relations outside all of the park gates.
4. You could go to (just outside of) any of the Water Parks (free parking, fewer guests) to activate, if you like.
Thank you for all the details!

We are FL resident annual pass holders. I did not have to go to the guest services this time last month as we entered our ID online. We went right to scan our magic bands no problem entering. But now we don't have a physical pass but it's loaded on MDE.
you should be able to go to Guest Services and get your AP card. You need that for any discounts, so its worth stopping to get.

We want to upgrade our 7 day park hoppers to AP. Can we do that at Disney Springs? If we can where to we go to do it?

We want to upgrade our 7 day park hoppers to AP.
1. Can we do that at Disney Springs?
2. If we can where to we go to do it?
1. Yes
2. Disney Springs Ticket Center.
It is located near the “middle” of DIsney Springs.

HOWEVER-
After you arrive at WDW, check your MDX.
You may be able to upgrade to AP on line right from your MDX account.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter