Activateing my mb

The only time you need to "activate" a MB (aka link it to your mde) is if you bought it from a store or website.

If you receive a mb for staying onsite then it's already linked and ready for use

Be sure to have everyone wear their MBs on the way to the hotel arrival. You’ll use them right away. So don’t pack them in your luggage.

Back in 2013 we had our first experience with using magic bands. As longtime WDW guests since the 1970s, we suddenly felt like newbies. Almost immediate we loved the MB innovations! Our latest visit concluded yesterday, and we MB-bumped everywhere.

Last edited:
Be sure to have everyone wear their MBs on the way to the hotel arrival. You’ll use them right away. So don’t pack them in your luggage.

You don’t have to use them and definitely don’t have to wear them. DME can look at your ID. And you can pull the MB out of your purse rather than wearing them.

Almost immediate we loved the MB innovations! Our latest visit concluded yesterday, and we MB-bumped everywhere.

Interesting. I see no innovation with them and they are just another thing to bring. We’re all so different. :)

as far as I know only one guest in the party has to scan for DME at the airport. And they don't even need the bands, they can check your reservation manually, it just takes longer.

Some of the resorts seem to require that each individual band be scanned and activated at the front desk before they will work to open the room doors. This isn't by design - it's a bug in the system, and it can be a real pain if one travels with multiple bands per person. And it isn't 100% - some bands will just work on their own, others require activation.
Doesn't seem to impact any other functions, like park access or charging - just the opening of the doors.
It may be that this bug has been fixed since our September visit. That would be highly welcome, since we're arriving at the end of this month for our next trip.

I know and still annoyed by this that my family was split into 2 reservations dh and I on one and our parents on another

So I will have to have mine out and one of my parents will have to have theirs out

How do they scan from the backseat

You take off the band and hand it up to the front seat. Or the person in the front seat holds the band. But if you are driving in and referring to the guard kiosk at the entrance to the resort, then they usually will just scan the driver.

As for checking in, all the people don't need to be present - one person can bring up all of their bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter