ACL Repair surgery and Tron ride vehicle

krismom345

Mouseketeer
Hi all~ I’m headed down next week and starting to worry about the fit of the Tron
vehicles with my recent knee issues. I can bend it fine, but not quickly.
I know there’s an accessible seat option, but was hoping for the regular ride vehicle. Anyone have any experience with knees and positioning?

I rode Tron recently and there was plenty of time to get on the ride and get comfortable. I wasn't rushed and they carefully check everyone.

You are leaning forward, so I didn't notice any pressure on my knees. It is different, because you are leaning forward, with less pressure on your legs and more on your chest and stomach.

They do have some adaptive, more traditional seats.

Because the ride boarding and seating is different than any other ride I have been on, it does add a bit of stress to the whole process, but in the end it was all fine.

Don’t have any direct experience but on my first trip a guy in front of me had knee issues (no idea if it was ACL related) and made an attempt to get on the regular bikes but couldn’t do it. Was a taller dude too, not sure if that compounded his issue. Think this is the sort of thing where it’s a case-by-case basis and the best way to figure out your comfort level is by trying out the test seat.

As noted above they don’t rush you into the seats, you get some time to figure out if you can make it work.

My daughter severed her ACL a few years ago and had reconstruction surgery using a piece of her patellar tendon and had no problem riding Tron last week.

I also agree that you’ll be fine and it’s so smooth that your knees won’t be banging or bouncing around. This is a fantastic ride!

There is a demo bike while you are in the queue that you can sit on a test it out first. A lot of people pop out of line to test the seat - or get pictures on it.

I don't know how ACL surgery compares to knee replacement but I can say with 100% confidence I would have never, ever been able to ride Tron on the bikes in the first few week post replacement. I noticed a lot of pressure on my knees when on the bike.

I thought the ride fit on the legs was fine - I didn't like riding on my belly. I found that made me a little queezy and I was craning my neck while on the ride. Pony Express at Knotts has you just a little more upright and it's WAY more comfortable!
1689352899323.png
1689352925574.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter