Accidentally ordered wrong merchandise during registration--see if I can fix it, or let it be?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
So yesterday I was able to register myself for the Dark Side Challenge, and my teenage son for the half. I like to order the collectible pins when I register because it's really the only merchandise I want from the expo, and it saves me from having to look for the pins, wait in a long check out line to purchase, etc.

I was just looking at my credit card transactions online and thought the amount I was charged for his collectible pin seemed pretty high--$44 or so...so I looked at his registration and noticed that I accidentally ordered him the challenge bundle--so in addition to the half pin, he'll be getting the 10k and challenge pins, which he doesn't need/want since he won't be running those!

Do you think if I call or email RunDisney they will have a way to fix it? I'm a little reluctant to even try--since it is such a hard to get into race I'm worried something will go wrong and they will accidentally cancel the race registration instead of just the pin order or something!

If we do end up just getting that extra 10k and challenge pin--maybe we can just sell them on ebay later?

WWYD?

From what I've read on here you can return unwanted merchandise so you may be able to return the two pins you don't want at the expo though I'm not positive how it works in a bundle situation. If you're nervous about returning just part of the bundle at the race you could probably order another 1/2 pin and return the entire bundle at the expo.

Something to think about... I don't think you'll be refunded the Active fees if you return the pins. Not a huge deal since the fee is pretty minimal for pins but something to consider if you do decide to rebuy the half pin and return the bundle (you would be out the active fess for the bundle).

It also doesn't hurt to call or email runDisney and ask them to cancel your order. It's still pretty early so hopefully they'll be able to do it.

I see on Active . com that one might be able to edit registration at this time. I know after a time the Disney events disappear. You might be able to make changes to your order. When I log in it lists my events and gives me the option to edit, add. Marathon weekend info has already disappeared from my list so they have closed it but Princess and SWDS is still available to me.

I know you can go back in and add new commemorative items after registering for the race. This morning I ordered pins for the Avengers 1/2, Star Wars Rebel Challenge, and the commemorative jacket for the Dark Side race. Perhaps you can just just cancel the pin set and just order one separately?

Since the order is done through Active.com you might want to check with Active.com, but it couldn't hurt to call Run Disney and have them check first.

Just had this same issue. The end I came to was that it could only be refunded at the Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter