Accessing DLH car park

jporritt

Earning My Ears
We're driving to the DLH on Monday. Before we have passes etc., how do we access the car park, which I understand has a barrier? Is it manned? I keep going through all the fine details in my mind :)

James.

I would guess that it will be manned and that the attendant would have a guest list.

it was manned in january, we told my mum to wait there as her foot is really painful after an injury and we drove round to pick her up, we just explained at the barrier and he let us in. sure if you say you are checking in he will let you!

have fun!

:)

They are always manned and if you show them a copy of your booking letter/email they will let you through

Hi, when we went in Feb we just drove up to the barrier and handed over our reservation letter, the guy let us drive in, up to the entrance. As we got out of the car someone came over with a luggage trolley and started loading up our stuff while another man asked for the keys to park the car and that was that!

We were completely unprepared, I managed to let them take our bag with our hats/gloves/snacks with the luggage trolley and I was left holding the dvd player!! Luckily our room was ready so we went straight up, but I had visions of having to carry the dvd around all afternoon!

So my big tip is make sure your luggage is organised so you are prepared to keep hold of what you need and make sure everything else is ready to be whisked away. It's a fab hotel, enjoy:)

Hi, when we went in Feb we just drove up to the barrier and handed over our reservation letter, the guy let us drive in, up to the entrance. As we got out of the car someone came over with a luggage trolley and started loading up our stuff while another man asked for the keys to park the car and that was that!

We were completely unprepared, I managed to let them take our bag with our hats/gloves/snacks with the luggage trolley and I was left holding the dvd player!! Luckily our room was ready so we went straight up, but I had visions of having to carry the dvd around all afternoon!

So my big tip is make sure your luggage is organised so you are prepared to keep hold of what you need and make sure everything else is ready to be whisked away. It's a fab hotel, enjoy:)

Thanks Sarahb that makes sense.

Hiya, the car park is right there by the hotel - but, as others have said, just get it valet parked - as soon as you pull up by the hotel they will descend on the car anyhow....
Though I must add we felt a bit mmmmmmmmmmm uncomfortable with valet parking to be honest - the whole atmosphere seemed a bit "colonial" with French-African men in plus-fours and waistcoats..... English, white, middle class guilt setting in I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter