accessible rooms at cbr

peacefullm

Earning My Ears
I've looked in several guidebooks but can't find specifics of wheelchair accessible rooms at cbr. would anyone who knows where to find this or has had recent experience, please share?
For example, do the rooms sleep 4 and would there be room for a motorized wc, a fold up manual wc and a walker along with 4 people 2 large suitcases and 4 backpacks?

Thanks for any help.
lynn

First of all CBR rooms are the largest of the moderates, with 340 sq ft instead of 314. They are even larger than standard rooms at AKL and WL. Thery also have lots of drawer and storage space.

A couple of years ago we stayed there with some friends in the room next to us. They are a married couple with 13 and 16 yo daughters. The wife had an ECV. They did have plenty of room. However, they were in a standard toom with a standard tub.

I am not sure, but I think the accessible rooms may all have KIng beds.

I would suggest talking to special reservations at 407-939-7807 for more specific informaiton. Also, about four or five days out call the hotel directly and ask fo the "rooms assigner" and explain the situation. I would recommend room 3105 with only one caveat. It is in a smoking building. However, it is ground floor, there are two handicap parking spaces almost directly outside, and it is one of the closest rooms to Old Port Royale with the restaurant, food cout and shops.

I hope this informaiton helps.

I stayed in room 5401 a few years ago. It had a king bed with roll-in shower. I did a room report and posted it http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15000 and if you want the room diagram that used to show up in that thread, I can email it, just let me know. If they have a two bed option it sounds like it would be a bit tight but manageable for you. Our next trip, we stayed at the Dolphin (using teacher discount) which has larger rooms.
Another thread about cbr: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311530

The accessable rooms with roll-in showers only have 1 King Bed in them.

The accessable rooms with tubs have 2 queen beds.

You should probably call WDW Resort Special Reservations:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
as Cheshire Figment suggested to get your room assigned the way you need it. You coul ask for the accessible room with tub and get the 2 queen beds tha tinksfriend mentioned. Special Reservations might be able to send you pictures or a floor plan of the rooms to help you decide.
The CBR rooms have a sort of bay window arrangement next to the door. There is a table and some chairs there. You might have to do some "creative furniture arranging" and move the table and chairs a bit to get everything to fit.
Another thing to consider is how mobile the people who are using the wheelchairs are when the wheelchairs are parked. If they can walk the short distances from place to place in the room, you won't have much problem. If they rely on the wheelchair to get around in the room, you might find one room very tight. The walker should fit in the pathways between furniture of an accessible room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter