AC Troubleshooting

zmom

Mouseketeer
Anyone currently at the Fort with AC troubleshooting experience? I am new to the TT world- a Keystone Hideout. The fan on the unit works but compressor/cold air does not kick in. Not critical as it’s not overly hot but annoying all the same lol. In site 930

what type of thermostat does your TT have? ours is digital and can be tricky switching between Fan only, AC or Furnace, is it set low enough?

It’s a manual thermostat. I can hear the thermostat clicking trying to do something, but nothing happens.

most likely a bad capacitor at the condensor, an easy fix if you know what your doing... if you don't know what the capacitor is/does, don't try it yourself - risk of electrocution is real.

Haha yeah not going there on my own. Will get it in for service. Thanks!

look for something like this - if its bad it usually bulges at the top, but not always.

Zmom - did you get this worked out? I had a similar issue last year that was actually caused by a 'reset' time that was needed for our AC after a power outage. I kept trying to get it to work too quickly but actually needed to let it sit off for a while before firing it back up - at which point it worked perfectly.

Our compressor froze over while we were there. I was able to get on the roof, remove the shroud, and chip off the ice. Had to keep the fan on high after that, but it worked fine otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter